Listening to the AM radio in the kitchen before school

mr clean

I musta had the best of both worlds growing up w/ both radio shows here as a kid.  Also had our TV show Ghoulardi on WKYC Cleveland.  Some funny stuff right there.  @BigStewMan didn't we have that talk about KMET/KFWB a while back?  I loved em both and miss the insanity there.  Used to pull CKLW outta Detroit here so had the FULL plate of Motown and 60's/70's rock.  Sneaking outta town w/the car and heading to the Rooster Tail Supper Club up there every Sunday evening to hear the greats that played.  Freakin amazing but totally freaky back then when a couple white boys walked into an all black club.  NO one could believe we drove 3 hours one-way to get there but we did!  Never a problem though and made so many friends.  The stories could go for hours w/all the greats!  ALL about music!   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

@BigStewMan didn't we have that talk about KMET/KFWB a while back? 

yes we sure did.  Several years ago, i stood in line for about an hour before a Queen show, and who was right in front me ... none other than Cynthia Fox. If you listened to KMET, i’m sure you’ve heard her.