Bonavita coffee maker on sale

mr clean

Been trying to decide between this Bonavita and a Technivorm Mocamaster for awhile but the latter one is little pricy at 275 to 300 bucks. Both are SCAA certified and temp gets up to about 198 to 204 F. The Bonavita is usually about 150 dollars but is on sale now at Best Buy for 109 dollars so I pulled the trigger. Anyone using one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bonavita-8-cup-coffee-maker-stainless-steel-black/6180206.p?skuId=6180206&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&msclkid=a12ab83a0c8c14aa383fe5dca198a5dc&ds_rl=1273104&gclid=CIHa0NaRmuYCFUXEDQodWqgJ0Q&gclsrc=ds

I've been using a Bonavita for several years now it works wonderfully and makes great coffee.

Get the Bonavita and save.

I recently swapped out the captive power cord  and replaced it with a $5k Synergistic Research power cable and let me tell you morning coffee has never been better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, EmilC said:

I've been using a Bonavita for several years now it works wonderfully and makes great coffee.

Get the Bonavita and save.

I recently swapped out the captive power cord  and replaced it with a $5k Synergistic Research power cable and let me tell you morning coffee has never been better. 

Its done ordered. Only bad thing is its going to be 2 weeks before I get It. I use a french press most of the time but hopefully this will get me going the easy route sometimes. I saw this has a better head as far as water dispersion  over  the coffee over the  Technivorm. We had a Bunn forever but now the wife been using a mr coffee we used for camping until we decided on a new one. The Technivorm does look pretty cool! Thanks for the reply!

Technivorm-Moccamaster-KBT-79112-Coffee-

9 minutes ago, mr clean said:

Its done ordered. Only bad thing is its going to be 2 weeks before I get It. I use a french press most of the time but hopefully this will get me going the easy route sometimes. I saw this has a better head as far as water dispersion  over  the coffee over the  Technivorm. We had a Bunn forever but now the wife been using a mr coffee we used for camping until we decided on a new one. The Technivorm does look pretty cool! Thanks for the reply!

Technivorm-Moccamaster-KBT-79112-Coffee-

Nice!

Dont forget to swap out the power cord 😁

• Haha 2

I’m not familiar with the Bonavita but I am a big fan of the Technivorm . We have had one for about 5 years and it doesn’t disappoint. Went through a ton of other drip machines and none delivered a drinkable cup of coffee. We have owned  breville, Cuisinart , Braun, and a bunch I don’t remember. The Technivorm is in another league all together. I will be interested to hear how you like the Bonavita. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joshnich said:

I’m not familiar with the Bonavita but I am a big fan of the Technivorm . We have had one for about 5 years and it doesn’t disappoint. Went through a ton of other drip machines and none delivered a drinkable cup of coffee. We have owned  breville, Cuisinart , Braun, and a bunch I don’t remember. The Technivorm is in another league all together. I will be interested to hear how you like the Bonavita. 

Im sure the Technivorm is very nice, and if this one craps out in a few years that will be my next one. I like that they are made in The Netherlands . The Bonavita is made in China. Some things are made well there so we will see. I would think the Technivorm is built better. For little over a hundred bucks ithe Bonavita is worth a try from what I was reading. Peace.

13 hours ago, rplace said:

I have used my Bonavita for 4-5 years and it makes the best coffee of numerous pots/types I ever had. Still I wish I sprung for the Technivorm. It's only money. Get what you want both will be great

I don't mind spending more if its truly that much better. But online I see people leaning one way or another on these about evenly.  The one thing I like better about the Bonavita is the head sprays at a wider area of coffee in the basket. This water temp, and brewing time I would think would all be important. Im just after a great cup of coffee. I also love that the Bonavita is not as tall.  The way I see it if I can spend 120 with tax on the one im getting, and saving 200 bucks ,thats 20 bags of my brand coffee to put in the new machine. CECAA850 I had a bun that lasted 20 years, and was a great coffee maker. I just don't think mine got as hot as recommended. I did not check it when new. If you have a kitchen thermometer, check you water temp in the basket and see how hot it gets. Mine was only getting about 180 F.  Peace!

I've been using a Bunn VP17 for almost 10 years now.  It can brew a 64 oz pot through a commercial sized 12 cup basket of grounds in about 4 minutes, keeping the water hitting the grounds around 195-200 degrees the whole brew cycle.  It's easy to work on and maintain - kind of like the La Scala of coffee makers.  I even upgraded to the heavier duty Bunn tea thermostat that keeps the water inside the tank at a balmy 206 degrees.  Combine this system with a nice burr grinder and you have something delicious to look forward to every morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y2keglide said:

Depends on your water source I think,my mountain well water is the best drinking water I've had anywhere.

Maybe I should have said good quality water then.  Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the good stuff on tap.  I'd venture you're in the minority, you're lucky.

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Maybe I should have said good quality water then.  Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the good stuff on tap.  I'd venture you're in the minority, you're lucky.

Indeed,we have some of the best water in the county here far and away.

We're way out in the sticks but I've heard some folks out here have hit salt water of all things.

Neighbors down the hill have a spring well,I think we're in the same aquifer but our well is 315ft deep,it's a big steep hill.

Lookn' out my back door.

005.JPGa.jpgb.jpg

I received the new machine yesterday. Used it this morning and it does make a very good cup of joe. I could tell the coffee was getting much hotter than my old bunn. After the coffee was done, I looked where at the coffee sets in the filter and it looked like mud. A lot of steam was coming out the top where it is vented.  The French press may be a fuzz better but not much. It even has pre infusion  that soaks the coffee and then waits for a bit before it starts brewing.And no fines in the bottom like a press either. So far I’m very impressed!

• Like 2