David Bowie's Last Ride

Wolfbane

An amazing read but that is what David Bowie was.  Amazing in every way.  You NEVER knew what would happen at his shows.  I saw every show he ever did and each one left you feeling different.  A message or just Bowie?  Totally strange assuming it was just him.  Damn what a ride though.  Thanks wb

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

An amazing read but that is what David Bowie was.  Amazing in every way.  You NEVER knew what would happen at his shows.  I saw every show he ever did and each one left you feeling different.  A message or just Bowie?  Totally strange assuming it was just him.  Damn what a ride though.  Thanks wb

He was an especially talented musician, all his albums were different....  He was the original Punk, he and iggy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Hard to believe that it’s been almost four years since he passed away from liver cancer.

Unlikely we will see his equal in today’s music industry.

Wb

He was one in 7.5 Billion.  There is less creativity and new dishes these days, although its a different age where you dont really have to create anything to make music and a lot of it sounds the same to me.  Bowie seemed to have a vision and a known direction that didnt always gel well with his fans at first, but everyone always came around.  He always knew what was good for us in time and it always had his signature.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WillyBob said:

hung with the cops... they were the most normal looking folks in the arena.

Why am I getting a visual or Mr Calm, Cool & Collected wearing a sarong standing there chit chatting w/the cops because they looked "normal"??

I eye-balled his Legacy LP after reading the story and decided I'd get it because a lot of the old tracks were re-mastered and it also had tracks from his last LP Blackstar.  Used the Amazon auto-rip and added it to my playlist.  Today I kicked back and listened to the entire thing.  I'll tell ya what.  IF you don't have it you're crazy!  It has EVERYthing on it and is truly amazing!  Crank it up, close your eyes and GO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

you mention frustration being a problem

I can see that. His outlet for expression was "limited".

He did a movie, too... "The Man Who Fell to Earth"   And I wanna say he dabbled in paint. You might fact check that one.

He SUCKED as a movie actor just like Mick Jagger but their musical accomplishments will go down in history as VERY successful. 

• Like 1