FOUND: AVR or external amp

Thaddeus Smith

I've got a demon hum in my ATI amp that pops up from time to time. I've replaced and tweaked the things that should have fixed it. I lack another AVR to test as the possible culprit and I haven't used any other power amps with this current AVR. So I'd like to borrow a device that is known to be problem free - either another AVR and see if I've got an issue with my pre-outs or borrow an external amp and see if the problem follows to the new external unit.

Local DFW would be best in order to avoid shipping costs and I'd like to borrow for a week or two, so ideally this would come from someone with an older spare just sitting on the shelf.

Have references if required. Also willing to offer livestock as collateral.

update: FOUND. thanks Mr. Welch!

7 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I've got a demon hum in my ATI amp that pops up from time to time. I've replaced and tweaked the things that fixed it. I lack another AVR to test as the possible culprit and I haven't used any other power amps with this current AVR. So I'd like to borrow a device that is known to be problem free - either another AVR and see if I've got an issue with my pre-outs or borrow an external amp and see if the problem follows to the new external unit.

Local DFW would be best in order to avoid shipping costs and I'd like to borrow for a week or two, so ideally this would come from someone with an older spare just sitting on the shelf.

Have references if required. Also willing to offer livestock as collateral.

What do the livestock look like, are they 'open minded' and 'cool' if you know what I mean? 🤐

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I mean.. I can search around, but where are these mysterious dummy plugs meant to be used? AC input? Speaker terminals? RCA inputs/outputs? Amp side or AVR side?

Yea i googled it also and came up with a bunch of stuff that I'm NOT talking about.

Michael, I have an Outlaw 990 (non-HDMI) prepro in the factory box you can have. I bought it thinking I would get another multi-channel amp for the game room; never did. It's yours if you want. I did hook it up and it works fine. Manuals, remote, etc.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Michael, I have an Outlaw 990 (non-HDMI) prepro in the factory box you can have. I bought it thinking I would get another multi-channel amp for the game room; never did. It's yours if you want. I did hook it up and it works fine. Manuals, remote, etc.

I uh, will absolutely take you up on that offer. I'll shoot you a PM with a refresher of my address and we can figure out shipping costs/timing. Thanks man!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Dammit.  What else you got layin around.  Lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, babadono said:

Ditto

I bought this thing from a forum member quite some time ago and it has been taking up space in my office floor because it has excellent cosmetics so I didn't want it to go to attic or garage.

I am considering my Sansui integrated and tuner since they have not been used as game room audio since my son became an AGGIE but those would not be free.