jubilee k 31 e

rosey

has there been any consensus amongst the community on replacement/upgrade  drivers for the jubilee woofers? I've been searching the forums, and seems the only conversations are from 10-12 yrs ago.will be needing to replace what is currently installed and looking for best recomendations. thanks as always

The first problem is that the K-31 .......  is not a problem. It is not the weak link in the system. 

The other problem is that the cabinet (back volume and throat see especially) require a woofer with a certain Qts (relatively low),  a largish VAS, and a somewhat low Fs. There are some other features also, but those are the biggies. There are not many substitutes. Pioneer had one, but it is no longer made (JWC was able to find it IIRC).  BEC has identified one, but I am not convinced the Jubilee cabinet would not require some re-design for it to work best (that is a question for BEC)

I know many on the forum reject the idea of design specs in favor of "some guy on the internet liked it .....". However on a horn loaded design, it is best to use some engineering rather than tossing parts around in a random fashion. IOW, there are a few ways to do it right, but many, many ways to do it wrong.

What is it that you are trying to fix. Are you unhappy with some aspect of the bass ? What specifically?

Good luck,

-Tom

thank tom, I totally agree with your use some engineering thought. the problem I'm dealing with is I've got 2 labeled k 31 e drivers installed from 2 different suppliers and they are definitely not the same. 1 I has a mfg date of aug 2016 with pulp style cone. the other jub has a different supplier code and a very light,thin, plastic cone that can be quite easily deformed. light duty? and the other 2 drivers are aftermarket that I have already found a buyer to fund a consistent driver compliment. not looking to be a Guinea pig. was hoping a quality solution had been determined. thx much.

I haven't even bothered to haul them upstairs until drivers have been updated and some cosmetics have been completed before contacting deqx support to start initial calibration.  it was my understanding that the k 31 e was no longer available.

that makes total sense, just keep reading about supplier problems,  unavailability or lesser quality than earlier versions. I will try contacting klipsch again, dont think roy needs to be bothered with something like this, just hope there's replacements available. thx again

• 5 weeks later...