Klipsch vs Energy

Nick22

I am planning to buy Klipsch Reference series speakers for my 7.1 home theater setup. I was told that Energy is bought by Klipsch way back in 2006 and is using the same technology as 'Energy Connoisseur'.

If that is true, why would i need to spend $2000+ for Klipsch Reference models or $3000+ for Klipsch Reference premiere models when i can get 'Energy Connoisseur' under $1000? Please clarify the confusion about the technology difference between Klipsch reference/premiere vs Energy Cannoisseur.

I am not an audiophile but wanted to set it up right with good speakers at Medium budget. I am looking for an explanation about Klipsch and Energy deal because i heard Klipsch R and RP models are nothing but Energy speakers with Klipsch looks?

19 minutes ago, Nick22 said:

I am not an audiophile but wanted to set it up right with good speakers at Medium budget. I am looking for an explanation about Klipsch and Energy deal because i heard Klipsch R and RP models are nothing but Energy speakers with Klipsch looks?

Very much not true. So I don't know much about the energy line, but I know it was the one of the lower end lines. There was a line called klipsch synergy which was klipsch's budget line. They rebranded this line to the reference line. The reference line was around for years with a good reputation and products. They rebranded this line to the reference premier line. To me, these are no where near the same speakers. I've heard the cheaper synergy and reference lines and have picked cheaper Polk audio speakers for my taste. I could not say the same to a reference premier or original reference product. Much better products. Just remember, you get what you pay for. You can find the cheaper reference lines at best buy, you need to go to audio places to find the reference premier line. Like what was recommended above, try to demo them for yourself and let your ears decide. You might not care for the differences, but then again, you might be surprised.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...