RP-600M vs RP-500M for side surrounds

RobH

I'm putting together a 5.1.2 system with RP-8000Fs and an RP-600C in the front. Trying to decide what's best for the surrounds: RP-500M or RP-600M. The closest listener position will only be about 4 feet away from one of the sides so I'm concerned that the RP-600M might be too overpowering/overkill for the distance. On the other hand, how well will the RP-500Ms sound when paired with the larger drivers in the front? Thanks!

my personal opinion is that rp-502s and rp-402s is better for side surrounds since getting an ear full of horn from 4' away is a little uncomfortable plus it hugs the wall better and makes more sense ergonomically speaking.  If you decide to get bookshelves anyway, if you want to hang them on the wall, the rp-500m is much easier since it has a keyhole mount.  if you're going to use a shelf or stand and don't care about the footprint, weight, or the price, then yeah by all means, get the rp-600m.  

• Like 1