Klipschorn # 1751 & Heresy Model H #574 Production Information

jda2002

Hi Jim, 

I was wondering if I might be able to get the production information for the following two speakers.

Klipschorn # 1751

Model H #574

I purchased these from the grandson of the original owner. These sport the clear plastic badges.

He did not know why his grandfather only had one Klipschorn, but he thought it was likely due to the setup of his grandfathers living room,

it had only one large corner which would have easily accommodated a Klipschorn. Given the other Fisher stereo Amp/Tuner set and the Empire turntable that came with it I'm guessing

this was all purchased somewhere around 1960-63, but information on these early Klipschorn is hard to find.. Of course many people might have still had mono setups or been accustomed to them, but because it came with an early model H (which was often the center channel, if I'm not mistaken) I'm wondering if this was actually purchased as we received them or if there might have been another Klipschorn originally purchased at the same time. I would have loved to find a pair from this early timeframe, they are incredible looking and sounding speakers.

Thanks in advance for any help and information, Jonathan

Edited by jda2002

Both of these shipped March 29, 1963.  My guess is that the original owner could not immediately afford 2 Klipschorns for stereo, so he bought the Heresy to intially serve as the second channel, with the idea of adding a Klipschorn later, and then
using the Heresy for a center.  

1751 001.jpg

574 001.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...