Need a bluetooth device for streaming

tigerwoodKhorns

I use:

Sold by: Auteck

I see it is longer available, but they have a successor product. I paid $38. I bet the same chip is in everything at this price point. There are quite a few on Amazon and elsewhere.

It has optical out and has a USB cable so you can plug it into the wall. Be sure to go with Bluetooth 5.0. I am going optical into my DAC and all seems fine. 

Seems to work fine while I save for a BlueSound unit. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am looking for an inexpensive device where I can stream Amzon music from my phone to a device that has optical out to run into my receiver. 

I like the DACs in the receiver so I really need an optical out. 

Any advise? 

echo link in amazon , is better.

.https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Link-Stream-stereo-system/dp/B0798DVZCY

On 12/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am looking for an inexpensive device where I can stream Amzon music from my phone to a device that has optical out to run into my receiver. 

I like the DACs in the receiver so I really need an optical out. 

Any advise? 

Spend a little extra and get a Chromecast Audio from one of the sellers on Ebay; that is IF you have WiFi to work with.  It sounds, and works TONS better than most of the BT devices.  I have some BT device in the living room that is for basic background music that I got from Amazon.  Darn thing is already acting hokey and doesn't output now.  The two CCA's I use upstairs are still working like a champ.  Crazy how much they are getting for them now.  I wish I would had bought a dozen when t hey closed it out for $15.

Sorry for the "late to the party" reply.

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Spend a little extra and get a Chromecast Audio from one of the sellers on Ebay; that is IF you have WiFi to work with.  It sounds, and works TONS better than most of the BT devices.  I have some BT device in the living room that is for basic background music that I got from Amazon.  Darn thing is already acting hokey and doesn't output now.  The two CCA's I use upstairs are still working like a champ.  Crazy how much they are getting for them now.  I wish I would had bought a dozen when t hey closed it out for $15.

Sorry for the "late to the party" reply.

O have three Chromecasts that I bought for an RV and they just site.  They have HDMI out.  I need optical out. 

Do the Chromecast Audios have an optical out? 

15 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

O have three Chromecasts that I bought for an RV and they just site.  They have HDMI out.  I need optical out. 

Do the Chromecast Audios have an optical out? 

Yep....You have to get a toslink to mini toslink cable then you're golden.

Bluetooth wise, I used a BTMagic model device that looks like this one.  Apparently the one I had is indefinitely out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K9PGX5X/ref=dp_cerb_1