Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
tigerwoodKhorns

Need a bluetooth device for streaming

Recommended Posts

I am looking for an inexpensive device where I can stream Amzon music from my phone to a device that has optical out to run into my receiver. 

 

I like the DACs in the receiver so I really need an optical out. 

 

Any advise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use:

 

Sold by: Auteck
 
I see it is longer available, but they have a successor product. I paid $38. I bet the same chip is in everything at this price point. There are quite a few on Amazon and elsewhere.
 
It has optical out and has a USB cable so you can plug it into the wall. Be sure to go with Bluetooth 5.0. I am going optical into my DAC and all seems fine. 
 
Seems to work fine while I save for a BlueSound unit. 
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 4:44 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am looking for an inexpensive device where I can stream Amzon music from my phone to a device that has optical out to run into my receiver. 

 

I like the DACs in the receiver so I really need an optical out. 

 

Any advise? 

echo link in amazon , is better.

.https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Link-Stream-stereo-system/dp/B0798DVZCY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am looking for an inexpensive device where I can stream Amzon music from my phone to a device that has optical out to run into my receiver. 

 

I like the DACs in the receiver so I really need an optical out. 

 

Any advise? 

 

Spend a little extra and get a Chromecast Audio from one of the sellers on Ebay; that is IF you have WiFi to work with.  It sounds, and works TONS better than most of the BT devices.  I have some BT device in the living room that is for basic background music that I got from Amazon.  Darn thing is already acting hokey and doesn't output now.  The two CCA's I use upstairs are still working like a champ.  Crazy how much they are getting for them now.  I wish I would had bought a dozen when t hey closed it out for $15.

 

Sorry for the "late to the party" reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avguytx said:

 

Spend a little extra and get a Chromecast Audio from one of the sellers on Ebay; that is IF you have WiFi to work with.  It sounds, and works TONS better than most of the BT devices.  I have some BT device in the living room that is for basic background music that I got from Amazon.  Darn thing is already acting hokey and doesn't output now.  The two CCA's I use upstairs are still working like a champ.  Crazy how much they are getting for them now.  I wish I would had bought a dozen when t hey closed it out for $15.

 

Sorry for the "late to the party" reply.

 

O have three Chromecasts that I bought for an RV and they just site.  They have HDMI out.  I need optical out. 

 

Do the Chromecast Audios have an optical out? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

 

O have three Chromecasts that I bought for an RV and they just site.  They have HDMI out.  I need optical out. 

 

Do the Chromecast Audios have an optical out? 

 

 

Yep....You have to get a toslink to mini toslink cable then you're golden.

 

Bluetooth wise, I used a BTMagic model device that looks like this one.  Apparently the one I had is indefinitely out of stock.

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K9PGX5X/ref=dp_cerb_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no idea Toslink had not died 15 years ago.  Wired digital (phono, HDMI) avoids conversion to light and back, reducing errors.  Use Toslink when coax causes a ground-loop. 

 

What kind of phone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...