Bar48 Help - Klipsh won't, maybe the community will.

Jsillsby

Hello all, new to Klipsch and my experience thus far has been far below satisfactory, but despite unmet expectation of at least decent service I seem to be stuck with a Bar48 that does not work right and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced what I have.

I purchased as an early Black Friday gift for myself the week before thanksgiving and received it on the 26th. It worked great during set up and while unpacking my surround 3 speakers, the last thing before enjoying my new entertainment system was the firmware update.... After installing the firmware update, which did not behave even remotely like the video on the website, nothing worked, the bar wouldn't even power on. I tried it again, the lights lit differently than the first time but still not like the video. This time when I plugged it in all sound went straight through the subwoofer at full volume and neither the remote or bar volume control would turn it down so I had to scramble to unplug it. I will not go into the blowback this caused with my neighbors here, but lets just say it was an ugly night in the building. I have tried the update two other times and I have "sound" from the bar as long as the sub is unplugged from power, however that sound is only from the horns, no discernible audio from the center speakers but if I crank the volume it sounds like it's trying play the low frequency signal through the center channel...

I wrote a long message to Klipsch last weds. evening the 27th, I wasn't expecting a response right away due to the holiday but it is now 10:30 on friday 12/6 and I have yet to get even a courtesy response from customer service this week. Has anybody experienced this issue and is there any way I can fix this myself? Any help from anybody would be appreciated at this point.