Early Klipschorn serial number confusion

hanksjim1

According to the "KLIPSCH HERITAGE REFERENCE DATA - (V.3 - 23 Aug 2013)" found here on the forum:

"July 29, 1955 was the last day for the four digit serials (i.e. 1811).
After that the "number- letter-serial" system went into effect (2
August 1955). The first "number-letter-serial" speaker was
produced on the 2nd of August 1955; that serial number was
1A812."

Despite this I continue to see documented Klipschorns delivered after that date with four letter serial numbers (including my #1251 manufactured in 1957 and the subject of the last thread; #1751 delivered March 29, 1963 )

Maybe just the singles (both xx51...curious...) continued with the 4 digit serial numbers?  When was the last four digit khorn built?

Any thoughts?

Edited by hanksjim1
change #1251 "delivered" to "manufactured" for clarity

Boom3 got part of it right!  Sequential serial numbers did not necessarily ship sequentially, due to some units likely being put on the back burner for the rush orders.  

I'd like to see the document referenced as "KLIPSCH HERITAGE REFERENCE DATA - (V.3 - 23 Aug 2013)".  I hope to Hell I did not generate it!  The 1955 timeframe should be 1963, and not necessarily those specific days.  It is true that #1811  was followed NUMERICALLY by 1A812.  And by the way, #1700 shipped a week after 1A812!

The letter-codes began in 1963 with "A".  Heresy's and Cornwall's were so new that the SN's took a four character format.  Specifically 6A03 and 3A09 respectively.  Interestingly the 6A03 Heresy follows 603, while the 3A09 Cornwall follows 308.  Wild times in the logbooks!

• Like 1