They followed me home today.

Dave A

Another pile, not 415's though, shows up next week. See I am not like Westcoastdrums though and keeping it all a secret until the walls of my shop start bulging out. I am a nice guy and let you know temptation is lurking about.

Honestly though I don't have the problem it's the guys who will be finding places to put these that will have the problems. I have plenty of storage and a forklift. They have desires and most of them wives with speaker evil eyes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, rockhound said:

@Dave A got mine going this morning and man for direct radiators these babies play cleeeean. They far exceeded my expectations. They come alive when you get above 90db.

OK did you jump the two woofer sets together off one amp or use two amps? Let me rephrase that. Did you use one channel per pair of woofers or tie them together and use one channel per bass bin?

• Like 1

For the bass bin or the whole setup with I assume your K-402's on top? If just an LF crossover I would like to see a picture of it and a list of components. Are you using the Klipsch PEQ's for the bins?

I have to admit I got one running tonight with the PEQ's in the Xilica for the S-MWM and probably not optimal but hate (no I don't I loved it) to say the S-MWM is clearly better. That may change as I get time to dial the 415's in and get a horn on top to go with them.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 10:25 PM, Dave A said:

If just an LF crossover I would like to see a picture of it and a list of components

Here is a picture of the P/N 116682 crossover that is on my KPT-415 bass cabinet. I don't have a schematic. The big cap is 50 uF, the medium cap is 25 uF, the resistor is 25 W 200 Ohm. The inductors are unmarked. The HF wire just passes through the small cap and poly switch, then to a separate HF crossover board.

IMG_3384.JPG.7057323043490f8a02df3e0eb0d8b919.JPG

• 4 weeks later...