Early retirement health coverage

mr clean

On 12/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, Pinball_pw said:

There was a plan in congress to allow for people buy into Medicare early, but it didn’t go far. 

I have heard there are penalties if you don’t have adequate insurance prior to Medicare. 

I’m a decade away from potentially retiring early and medical insurance may make work longer than otherwise needed. That stinks. 

Get your bills under control. I’ve been working on this for awhile and this is going to help for sure. I’ve made some big changes in the last 6 months. I’m not going into much on here. I plan to retire  in two years and I’m changing careers after 35 years of shift work. I’m going to live frugally for the next two  years and then should be able to live well for the rest of our lives. The less income you claim the lower you gov run insurance will cost. All my bills are less than a lot of people’s house payment and by doing this I’m going to be able to get cheap government run health care. I always made great money for around here and have all the crap I could ever need so I’m ready to semi retire with a less demanding job. With 2 nice pensions and a lot in my 401k I’m just going to find something that is less stressful than keeping a chemical plant running.  I’m starting my hunt today. Wish me luck! PS they did away with the mandate for insurance but one bad hospital stay could ruin you.

Im on disability since 2011 transplant  and have Medicare which is 135 a month and AARP supplement which is about 230. So Im paying about 400 a month but I get zero bills so that helps my brain wrap around the cost.

My wife is still working and on ACA and I pay about 160 for crappy insurance through that but thats all we can get. I see trump care is out there but his is probably a joke just like his college was.