Need Help Selecting HTR

D-Rex

Hey guys and gals!  I am looking for an HTR that has Bluetooth so my wife can cast her music from her phone and it needs to have 4K compatibility to match her TV.  It can be 5.1, we don't really need 7.2 but if that option is comparably priced then please provide it.  I will be matching this HTR with a couple of RB-5 bookshelf speakers as mains and a RW-12.  Surround speakers will be purchased later.  Price range- <$400 but if you have something close then go ahead and provide it. 

So, what options do you have for me to consider?  Thanks!

Depending on your location, I would go with this company to save some serious coin:

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/2.html

That page has quite a few refurbished units that will exceed your requirements at prices that you’d be hard pressed to beat. Some of these refurbished units come with additional warranty coverage, which is a nice bonus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-Rex said:

Thanks, I will check them out!  Any recommendations on brand? 

I second the accessories4less recommendation.  I've bought a couple receivers from them, all were in fantastic condition and a great price!

I had a Pioneer Elite series mated to some RB-5s for a bit and it was a great combo.  Bluetooth worked great.  The Yamaha RX-V and RX-A series seem to match really well with Klipsch as I've read of many who have them.

• Like 1

Ok, I have perused the accessories for less and this is what I have narrowed it down to:  the first two are definitely overkill for my purposes but that is just how I operate...  :)

$270 YAMAHA RX-V583 7.2-Ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver - has the 4K and the music casting that is required, and then more bells and whistles that might be needed should I ever need to move it into the living room as a back-up.

$299 DENON AVR-X2400H 7.2-Ch x 95 Watts A/V Receiver w/HEOS - seems to be even more robust than the one above and will also work as a back-up for my main system.  What does "w/ HEOS" really mean? 

$189 PIONEER VSX-832 5.1-ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver - This one is only on the list because I wanted to consider a Pioneer.  I am not sure this one will support 3D video (just want the capability since I have a 3D television and want the ability to back up my living room system if necessary.  Better Pioneer Receiver within $300 that should be considered here?

Of these three, I am leaning towards the Denon, just because it seems to be the best bargain for the money.  But the Yamaha has me very intrigued because I have heard how well they pair with Klipsch.  Any additional input for me to consider?

Thanks!

I would look at the Integra....and make sure they have phono input if you plan to add turn table. I have set up a few other brands of AVRs for friends and none are as easy to set up as the Integra I have. 

That low of price wont get you a phono input I dont think.

43 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Contact Cory Harrison before you buy speakers.

Send a PM to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters and ask for prices.  He is extremely helpful and more than fair.

I have bought RP-600M from Cory before and I'm completely satisfied with the sales and service, and the fast shipping.  He also sells AVR's.  You might ask what he has.

1140702457_RP-600Mlivingroomseascene_400.thumb.jpg.a098e471533630c61e1e9e9c62275f67.jpg

10 hours ago, D-Rex said:

Ok, I have perused the accessories for less and this is what I have narrowed it down to:  the first two are definitely overkill for my purposes but that is just how I operate...  :)

$270 YAMAHA RX-V583 7.2-Ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver - has the 4K and the music casting that is required, and then more bells and whistles that might be needed should I ever need to move it into the living room as a back-up.

$299 DENON AVR-X2400H 7.2-Ch x 95 Watts A/V Receiver w/HEOS - seems to be even more robust than the one above and will also work as a back-up for my main system.  What does "w/ HEOS" really mean? 

$189 PIONEER VSX-832 5.1-ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver - This one is only on the list because I wanted to consider a Pioneer.  I am not sure this one will support 3D video (just want the capability since I have a 3D television and want the ability to back up my living room system if necessary.  Better Pioneer Receiver within $300 that should be considered here?

Of these three, I am leaning towards the Denon, just because it seems to be the best bargain for the money.  But the Yamaha has me very intrigued because I have heard how well they pair with Klipsch.  Any additional input for me to consider?

Thanks!

Buy this one!!  I sold it to the member who is selling it.   For $300 shipped it's an incredible deal!

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:36 AM, wvu80 said:

Send a PM to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters and ask for prices.  He is extremely helpful and more than fair.

I have bought RP-600M from Cory before and I'm completely satisfied with the sales and service, and the fast shipping.  He also sells AVR's.  You might ask what he has.

1140702457_RP-600Mlivingroomseascene_400.thumb.jpg.a098e471533630c61e1e9e9c62275f67.jpg

Since it appears I have missed out on the Pioneer Elite (I was away from my office a few days) then I have contacted Metropolis and will check what he has before I decide between the options I have provided above.

With that said, of the options I provided, which would be your HTR of choice?  I have had a Denon before (not that they are all the same) but I haven't had a Yamaha or a Pioneer.  Any other suggestions at this $300 price point?

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:49 AM, ricktate said:

I would look at the Integra....and make sure they have phono input if you plan to add turn table. I have set up a few other brands of AVRs for friends and none are as easy to set up as the Integra I have. 

That low of price wont get you a phono input I dont think.

I don't need a phono input so I will see if I can locate an Integra at my price point... I didn't remember seeing one at accessories4less.

I went back and saw your link to:

$299 - INTEGRA DRX-2.1 7.2-Ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver

It may be the leader with just a few holes to go...

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-Rex said:

I have had a Denon before (not that they are all the same) but I haven't had a Yamaha or a Pioneer.  Any other suggestions at this $300 price point?

I don't have first hand knowledge of the AVR's in that price range so I hesitate to make a recommendation.

I think others could give you better advice than me.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ok, I found an Integra DRX 3.1 that had everything I wanted and it gives me the opportunity to test a new brand with my Klipsch speakers!  It was about $90 more than I wanted to spend but I just wanted something different.  This will be my 4th HTR, with my first being a Denon, then a Marantz, and now an Onkyo.  My favorite has been the Marantz, so far, but I have high hopes for the Integra!  I want to try an Elite Pioneer and a Yamaha next...  :)

Just a quick story from yesterday... when I go to most houses, I can tell what is on TV and what is live.  Yesterday, my wife hears her phone ringing... she looks around and then realizes, "hey, it's a phone ringing on the TV."  That is the degree of realism I want to hear from my speakers and receiver combination.  If a plate shatters on the TV, I want to be looking around my feet to see if there are shards of glass down there!  LOL!  Now, maybe I can get that from other speakers and maybe I can't, I just know I get that from my Klipsch and that is what I love!

Thanks to all and have a wonderful holiday season!