Klipsch Comes to Costco

thebes

We used to be able to buy Klipsch Jersey speakers at the Audio Club when I was in the USAF in the UK... I just checked and those days are long gone. No more Klipsch, Revox, Nakamichi, Technics, Crown or any other hi end brands anymore. The most expensive audio product is a $300 AVR.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Is it a good 300 dollar avr?
It is a $300 Yamaha...no discount or some are maybe $20 off. Gone are the days of 40% off major brands, and 20%off Klipsch heresy, and other non discounted brands at the Military Bases. [emoji853]

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

My wife just sent me the link to the R-41M speakers for sale at Costco. It probably represents a good value and if it helps sales for Klipsch I am all for it. Costco stands behind the products they sell and their marketing arm is long indeed. I remember when Costco started selling their own label wines and the vinophiles were all tut-tutting the idea. A winery owner was interviewed for the special on CNBC about Costco and said Costco was looking to buy half of his production in one fell swoop. He said only a fool wouldn't sell in what is a brutally competitive business.

If Klipsch can sell speakers through the Big C and expand consumer knowledge of their brand and keep our favorite speaker company in the black, it is a win for everyone as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joshnich said:

I did buy my first Cornwall’s  in 1978  at a store that sold some audio equipment but also refrigerators and washing machines. 

I picked up a pair of pristine decorator Cornwalls at a Pawn Shop in Waco.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I picked up a pair of pristine decorator Cornwalls at a Pawn Shop in Waco.

Mine were new decorators. $800.00 if I remember correctly. Paid a hundred bucks in cash, put $300 on a credit card and financed the rest through the store.