The Klipsch Audio Community
Fido

Primaluna evo 400 Integrated Amp?

On 5/6/2020 at 6:29 PM, FSHNRIG said:

Fantastic!  Looks awesome and ready for some breaking in tonight. Enjoy and Cheers. 

how much does this amp cost -----this is a beauty ----

On 12/10/2019 at 12:39 AM, CAMike said:

I purchased the PrimaLuna EVO 300 in April 2019, along with a SVS SB4000 Sub.  The EL tubes that it comes with are awesome with a lot of speakers but really needed KT150's with my 1970's LaScala's. The LaScalas have the Crites upgrades and A4500 networks and I couldn't be happier with the combination.  The KT150's have more low and high end and almost have a solid state sound to them (almost), but I love the EVO300 with my current set up.  I listened to a few different amps at Upscale Audio in LaVerne CA and the Primaluna was the sound that  I was looking for.  

PL EVO 300.jpg

absolutely beautiful

On 12/10/2019 at 2:12 AM, mike stehr said:

EVO400INT.jpg

dont touch these caps --------big juice

5 hours ago, MemeMagno said:

Dear Fido,

Thanks so much for such a detailed and amazing journey, and you are the 3rd person telling me about the Denefrips WOW factor. I will be ordering one on early June. About you experience with McIntosh: Same here, but in my case was only on pure SS...but was a kind of easy (but pricey) fix when I found the Hegel H590 - my daily driver (which has an amazing DAC...but not R2R like the Pontus w/ all the benefits of a separate unit). Thanks again. 

The Pontus somehow takes the "ELECTRONIC Digital SHEEN" out of the listening experience.  I am not an Audiophile so I don't know how to verbalize the difference in sound but it was what I never liked about CDs and streaming before the Pontus was added to the system. There is a synergy now that did not exist before. Good luck with your Denefrips and your journey. Hope it's as fun for you as mine has been for me so far.

Oh gosh!.... Now even I'm onto Denafrips! The reviews are all pretty good and as I also need a new CD transport this is a good time to go for one. I'm also looking at the Innuos Zen Mini MK3 streamer with CD ripper. Any comments or recommendations from owners if possible? I was interested in this one as I have a fairly large CD collection that I can digitise and also want to get into Streaming with Roon (he's a new friend of mine 😂). No idea what I'm talking about as it's a first for me (Streaming) but it sounds the way to go 😄

Ok.... So.... I've decided to concentrate more on a Music Streamer/Server/CD Ripper rather than go all out for a the Denafrips DAC for the moment. In the meantime I've bought a Topping D90 DAC MQA to get me on the DAC wagon as I am about to order an Innuos Zenith MK3 1TB. This combo... together with my PrimaLuna EVO 400 Integrated and Forte III's should be a great system to hear what's going on. 😁

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Ok.... So.... I've decided to concentrate more on a Music Streamer/Server/CD Ripper rather than go all out for a the Denafrips DAC for the moment. In the meantime I've bought a Topping D90 DAC MQA to get me on the DAC wagon as I am about to order an Innuos Zenith MK3 1TB. This combo... together with my PrimaLuna EVO 400 Integrated and Forte III's should be a great system to hear what's going on. 😁

I read many great reviews on the Topping D90 Dac - sounds like you are heading in the right direction - Good luck with your system synergy