Klipsch H700? $60 Rolla,MO

fanofbully

10 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Go Miners!  Hey, I bet Alice was still allowed in '82!

Ah, Alice. I never bothered with such foolishness -- usually went home over St. Patrick's Day. Though one year I watched in amusement when my housemates dyed the dog green.

• Like 1

Gotta chime in on this one - a UMR '86 graduate and not often you see Rolla MO come up.  I was in a fraternity (Theta Xi) and my first roommate had Klipsch HIPs in our room (ahem), with a Kenwood amp (I think a KA-8100) - rock & roll!! Then another brother contributed to KMNR and he had a pair of LaScala's in his room used for mobile gigs.  So, long story short - that is where my Klipsch addiction started.  Fond memories of that place, we studied hard & partied hard!!

• Like 2

Rather oddly of all places, Chandler has pretty decent semiconductor setup and MicroChip is a larger firm (fabs & support folks), with Intel the biggest (fabs & support folks).  I spent 10 years at Intel and now with a German semiconductor firm Infineon - has supporting folks here (no MFG)  where pretty much everyone is an alumni from Intel, Motorola, NXP, ONSemi, Amkor, and others.  I developed an allergy to snow and enjoy Phoenix area, folks say it gets hot here in summer but (a) it's a dry heat and (b) you don't have to shovel sunshine ;) 

• Like 3