Heresy ii drivers in Heresy i Cabinets?

Willne1

A guy an hour away from me is selling these. Everything is series ii Except for one woofer. Help me decide if I should buy them or not. The asking price is $440 and I don't have any idea how well the work was done as far as being air tight etc. The cabinets are so so, the usual chips from age.

A guy an hour away from me is selling these. Everything is series ii Except for one woofer. Help me decide if I should buy them or not. The asking price is $440 and I don't have any idea how well the work was done as far as being air tight etc. The cabinets are so so, the usual chips from age.

With almonds or without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your spell checker turned the speakers into a chocolate bar?  Did they change the crossover from the E to the E2 and how old are they (aka original capacitors or not).   I'd want to know why the woofers don't match ... hopefully not an "event" after the speakers were configured!  Any way you look at it, you will end up with something in between.  You really want to hear them and ask some questions! Good Luck.

I'd be concerned how they were mounted.  Original Heresy drivers mount from the back of the motorboard, IIs mount from the front.  Could pose an issue with the cabinets not being sealed well depending on the amount of thought and time that went into the swap. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I assume these are the same ones on ebay in Parkland IL. You can do better for $440. These have been pieced together with spare parts.

Hard pass.

YES to hard pass. You don't want to pay for someones Frankenstein when the electrodes may be ready to fall off.

• Like 1