6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

In all seriousness.  I don't minding driving further so that it's easier for others to attend.  We did Hope this year as we were all familiar with the area and Jerry could do some live exploring for us.  I'm sure if this goes over as planned we'll look at other locations for next year.

In all seriousness, a big thanks to @Pete H , @rockhound and everyone who is working on putting the SWAG together. Hopefully it does become an annual event, maybe one that floats. 

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

In all seriousness, a big thanks to @Pete H , @rockhound and everyone who is working on putting the SWAG together. Hopefully it does become an annual event, maybe one that floats. 

There have been quite a few people involved with this and the initial discussions started last summer, I just happened to be the one that posted it.  It's simply a group of people that are addicted to audio, building, swapping components and testing that want to get together and do those things with a group that loves the same things.  

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

There have been quite a few people involved with this and the initial discussions started last summer, I just happened to be the one that posted it.  It's simply a group of people that are addicted to audio, building, swapping components and testing that want to get together and do those things with a group that loves the same things.  

And a heavy dose of snark.

I just learned about this yesterday and have read the whole thread.....sounds like a blast. Please put me down as an attendee. I will bring a Bill Fitzmaurice THLPT subwoofer (36” variety with a 15” inch driver) if there is interest. Also could bring a nice Knight KG250 integrated tube amp to sell or trade. Can’t wait!

4 hours ago, Pete H said:

I agree and that's why I put the everyone in there lol. I have moved my MCMs two times and only at home. I can only imagine what it will take @Dave A to move his Super-MCM. A thanks in advance  there too. 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Personally, I think Memphis would be awesome.  Music City

Extreme high violent crime city now. Looking at train watcher self guided tours and time after time the comment don't go or if you do bring a gun, a friend and watch out all the time. Just no way unless you are way outside city limits.

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I agree and that's why I put the everyone in there lol. I have moved my MCMs two times and only at home. I can only imagine what it will take @Dave A to move his Super-MCM. A thanks in advance  there too. 😎

Forklift and pallet jack and easy peasy. Otherwise 288 pounds appx of no handles monster.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

Extreme high violent crime city now. Looking at train watcher self guided tours and time after time the comment don't go or if you do bring a gun, a friend and watch out all the time. Just no way unless you are way outside city limits.

You must be hanging out on the wrong street corner.....

Seriously though, every large city has it's issues.  I go there every year on the way down to Hope, and haven't ever had even a small problem.  The music related venues and the food are beyond great and worthwhile.

There were pockets of civlilty even in Detroit in the late 60's early 70's. Then urban renewal began and Detroit burned and was known as the murder capital of the USA. This 60's and 70's is where Memphis is now and none of us who lived in the Detroit Metro area had anything to do with Detroit if we could avoid it.

I like blues and BBQ too but not that interested.

• Like 1