Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

He might be counting his money.

From the sale of his leather KC Chiefs jacket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carl, sign me up.  Looks like I will be able to get away that weekend.

Probably will not bring gear with the gear already coming.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I mentioned in the other thread on the subject, the test rig that I'm bringing will include a Yamaha SP2060 (two-in, six-out) DSP crossover and three amplifiers in a pro rack--two Crown D75As and an ICEpower 50ASX2, a Windows 7 laptop loaded with REW and TrueRTA, etc. and a UMIK-1 with stand.  Also tri-amped Khorn clones (Shinall KKSs) for the demos and just general listening to dialed-in Khorns that have full range directivity from which the effects of phase flattening might be heard.  If I can get all this into the minivan, I'll be doing well enough.  I plan to arrive on Thursday evening at the Super 8 in order to get an early start on setting up for the demo(s).
 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be there Thursday too and do we have access to the rental building Thursday and if so what hours are we able to get in? It would be nice to set up the day before to allow for good use of the time when all are there. Maybe I will get there Wednesday evening to be ready to go Thursday morning. I will be available to help you in any case Chris.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dave A said:

I will be there Thursday too and do we have access to the rental building Thursday and if so what hours are we able to get in? It would be nice to set up the day before to allow for good use of the time when all are there. Maybe I will get there Wednesday evening to be ready to go Thursday morning. I will be available to help you in any case Chris.

@Pete H  When did you say you could pick up the key on Thursday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

@Pete H  When did you say you could pick up the key on Thursday?

I'll let @rockhound confirm, but I believe he said we could pick up the key on Thursday afternoon, but not some specific time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I'll let @rockhound confirm, but I believe he said we could pick up the key on Thursday afternoon, but not some specific time.  

Correct I plan on picking it up at 3ish Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 2:59 PM, CECAA850 said:

He might be counting his money.


} — — $3,434,127.67 - $3,434,127.68 - ! Damn, this ain’t easy. Hope to have this wrapped up in time for SWAG. Depends on how fast it keeps coming in —😏

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, richieb said:


} — — $3,434,127.67 - $3,434,127.68 - ! Damn, this ain’t easy. Hope to have this wrapped up in time for SWAG. Depends on how fast it keeps coming in —😏

You're going to be the one with the $20.00 in pennies aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pete H said:

You're going to be the one with the $20.00 in pennies aren't you?


} I do believe we met at a Pilgrimage or two but didn’t realize you knew me That well — 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richieb said:


} I do believe we met at a Pilgrimage or two but didn’t realize you knew me That well — 

Whatever.

 

Just be sure you make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, Chris A said:

As I mentioned in the other thread on the subject, the test rig that I'm bringing will include a Yamaha SP2060 (two-in, six-out) DSP crossover and three amplifiers in a pro rack--two Crown D75As and an ICEpower 50ASX2, a Windows 7 laptop loaded with REW and TrueRTA, etc. and a UMIK-1 with stand.  Also tri-amped Khorn clones (Shinall KKSs) for the demos and just general listening to dialed-in Khorns that have full range directivity from which the effects of phase flattening might be heard.  If I can get all this into the minivan, I'll be doing well enough.  I plan to arrive on Thursday evening at the Super 8 in order to get an early start on setting up for the demo(s).
 

Chris

@Chris A,

 

I'll be heading over to Hope from Grapevine on Thursday afternoon.  Let me know if you would like me to swing by your place and help you load your minivan.  Also, I will be in a basically empty SUV, in case you need more cargo space for your gear. (I was at your place a few years back for your get-together, but PM me your address again if you want help).

 

David

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


} I’m in, reservations Thursday - Sunday.

I can bring 20 watt single ended tube monos and matching preamp by Audio Mirror. They are amazing and punch like much higher powered amps. They are big, heavy and will be in their boxes for the trip. However if there is little to no interest and/or lack of time in hearing these, I’d won’t bother. 
I can bring a First Watt F3 also, much easier to bring. 
Jubes will stay home —

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richieb said:

Jubes will stay home —

Pus$y.  LMAO, glad you finally committed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can bring a pair of Super Heresy that need a look at, one of the crossovers keeps cutting out. 

Yes, it's all about me. LOL

 

Mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I can bring a pair of Super Heresy that need a look at, one of the crossovers keeps cutting out. 

Yes, it's all about me. LOL

 

Mark

Bring it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I can bring a pair of Super Heresy that need a look at, one of the crossovers keeps cutting out. 

Yes, it's all about me. LOL

 

Mark

Who did the crossovers?  Bring a soldering iron with you, etc.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a conversation with Rockhound about what I am bringing and I want to broach this idea here. I am hesitant to bring a bunch of stuff for sale or trade because most of the people showing up I figure already have more than they need and might be looking to sell too. Perhaps it might be beneficial to have a list of things people can bring to see if there is any interest in them rather than hauling and hoping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I can bring a pair of Super Heresy that need a look at, one of the crossovers keeps cutting out. 

Yes, it's all about me. LOL

 

Mark

Mark - Bring em I would love to hear a set of these. I'm sure amongst us we can figure out the issue you are having.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...