Newer Design (RP-8000F) vs Higher End Speakers (RF-7 II)

Godofthunder

Currently deciding between the RP-8000F and the RF-7 II. In Australia I can the RF-7 II and about $AUD1500 more or nearly 1.5 times the price of the RP-8000s (both are on special). Is there a dramatic difference in sound and quality between the 2 models and which do you prefer given that the RF-7 II is more high end (better components and attention to build quality) but older and the RP-8000Fs have newer technology (redesigned tweeter and ports) and are cheaper! Thanks.

• Like 1

I owned RF-82II's (a forerunner of the RP-8000F) for a while, but have never heard any version of the RF-7.  But for merely 1.5 times the price, I would take the RF-7 II without question, just based on published reviews, opinions and specs, not to mention real wood veneer instead of vinyl.  A no brainer, at least for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jdmccall said:

I owned RF-82II's (a forerunner of the RP-8000F) for a while, but have never heard any version of the RF-7.  But for merely 1.5 times the price, I would take the RF-7 II without question, just based on published reviews, opinions and specs, not to mention real wood veneer instead of vinyl.  A no brainer, at least for me.

Good enough... enjoy 7's...

If no go, try the RP

Versions along the line of 8 inch drivers...bigger typically being the better given the moment... enjoy!