K-48 vs Faital Pro 15 PR 400 C 

I think its a win win here. With higher spl,  and lower mowing mass weight. Fs is lower. Se data specs. https://www.parts-express.com/faitalpro-15pr400-15-neodymium-professional-woofer-4-ohm--294-1270

Should be bolt on without major changes. 

Maybe other speaker elements that are a better replacement than what most people use? 

This is just a thought I have😎

• Like 1

Just a thought I have in response to that is the driver, box volume (real or apparent), and passive radiator (or port?) are a system as designed (not merely thrown together haphazardly), and I'd be reluctant to modify any (just) one of those parameters on whim.  I'd have to know what data I have and what data I'd want to end up with (that's different, and why) to drive any changes.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

The k-48 woofer used in the Chorus speakers are more than adequate for superb bass response, many have found.

Always interesting to see what

a different woofer  would make. 

but...in this case!?

Good fortune

I totally agree as long as you use the back wall and side wall as bass reinforcement.  I'm reasonably happy with my speakers, but the idea of increasing the spl on the bass driver is there😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raeggis said:

I totally agree as long as you use the back wall and side wall as bass reinforcement.  I'm reasonably happy with my speakers, but the idea of increasing the spl on the bass driver is there😀

Understand...if you already have the other speakers, why not...if not it could get expensive.

Used my Chorus like your recommendation for placement.

Have you ever turned them up?

Chest pounding bass aplenty.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, billybob said:

Understand...if you already have the other speakers, why not...if not it could get expensive.

Used my Chorus like your recommendation for placement.

Have you ever turned them up?

Chest pounding bass aplenty.

Yes I have several times with crazy sound pressure😀.  I only have the old basses, but the rest is new.

4 minutes ago, raeggis said:

Yes I have several times with crazy sound pressure😀.  I only have the old basses, but the rest is new.

Sounds like fun...Looked at your link and those Faital Pro look interesting at 8 pound weight.

At 400 watt they're hard hitting and read like a decent replacement. The Eminence Kappa C is another used and mentioned here for optional. Looked for the specs on the K-48 but could not open, yet they can handle 100 watt continuous and 1000 Watt peaks.

There are the kp and the EP.

Out of my reference and memory frame.

Know others will be chiming in...

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sounds like fun...Looked at your link and those Faital Pro look interesting at 8 pound weight.

At 400 watt they're hard hitting and read like a decent replacement. The Eminence Kappa C is another used and mentioned here for optional. Looked for the specs on the K-48 but could not open, yet they can handle 100 watt continuous and 1000 Watt peaks.

There are the kp and the EP.

Out of my reference and memory frame.

Know others will be chiming in...

Yeah i like the pro speakers of Klipsch.  I think a doubble  K-48 will be right on chorus since the low spl on theme haha. 

2 minutes ago, raeggis said:

Yeah i like the pro speakers of Klipsch.  I think a doubble  K-48 will be right on chorus since the low spl on theme haha. 

Have read that a k-45 is a better candidate for a double bass bin.

Pro Klipsch bins that is.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raeggis said:

Has anyone tested the Faital Pro 15 PR 400 C  4 ohm Speaker on the Klipsch Chorus,  Chorus II ? 

I think its a win win here. With higher spl,  and lower mowing mass weight. Fs is lower. Se data specs. https://www.parts-express.com/faitalpro-15pr400-15-neodymium-professional-woofer-4-ohm--294-1270

Should be bolt on without major changes. 

Maybe other speaker elements that are a better replacement than what most people use? 

This is just a thought I have😎

Similar power handling and x-max to the K-48.

What the Chorus & Chorus II need is a good stout subwoofer or two, that will get the party started.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jason str said:

Similar power handling and x-max to the K-48.

What the Chorus & Chorus II need is a good stout subwoofer or two, that will get the party started.

You were one that was waiting for to chime in...lol... cool

Here is something to consider. The KP-301 is basically the same driver set but rated for 200 watts vs 100 for the Chorus and the only difference I can see is the crossover.  Perhaps changing the crossover would be best and I can tell you those 301's are more speaker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glens said:

Rest what? Just different drivers on the horns or different horns too?  Because the drivers alone could alter the box volume, horns definitely so.

New diaphgram on tweeter and mid horn😀 and new capacitors. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Wonder why Klipsch has the two Chorus and the 301 rated different?

A good pro sound engineer should know how not to stress out the design.

Most pro sound equipment needs specific high pass, low pass filters that determine the amount of voltage it can take.

A determined dummy at home could blow something out with a 100 watt amp i suppose.

3 minutes ago, jason str said:

A good pro sound engineer should know how not to stress out the design.

Most pro sound equipment needs specific high pass, low pass filters that determine the amount of voltage it can take.

A determined dummy at home could blow something out with a 100 watt amp i suppose.

This was kind of my point when I mentioned the crossovers were different and the wattage ratings are too. Roy has mentioned that all pro speakers have greater headroom than homeowner types.

24 minutes ago, Dave A said:

This was kind of my point when I mentioned the crossovers were different and the wattage ratings are too. Roy has mentioned that all pro speakers have greater headroom than homeowner types.

The point is most homeowner gear is not able to high pass the loudspeaker where it needs to be to maximize power handling.