4 hours ago, jason str said:

My speakers brain in the photo😀There are some off topic in this thread, but it is also interesting reading.  Faital Pro 15 PR 400 C 4 ohm vs K-48.  One thing is certain when switching between these bass drivers.  1. less watts and more bass.  2. Smoother frequency curve.  3. lighter membrane, which gives a faster response.  4. a better voice coil, for better cooling.  I have found only one drawback of this replacement speaker.  It is necessary to grind the outer diameter a little to fit the hole.

IMG_20191210_190306.png

6 hours ago, geoff. said:

Doesn’t Volti Audio use the Faital Pro 15 PR 400 C?

It looks like they have a collaboration.  There is also a speaker manufacturer from Canada using this one. 

5 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

To the OP and his original question, re-read what GLENS wrote in his first post. 

Personally, I think you  are seeking a solution in search of a problem. The bass is fine on the Chorus. There are other things that I would tackle first. 

Good luck,

-Tom

The first post is off topic. 

Stop making trouble out of nothing, think positively and negatively when considering replacement bass speakers.  Feel free to make suggestions

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, raeggis said:

Stop making trouble out of nothing, think positively and negatively when considering replacement bass speakers.  Feel free to make suggestions

Suppose that the suggestion is wrong. What do you have to go on?

Trial and error can cost yet I am somewhat Keen to know ..

Hello.  I have changed the intro on this thread, and wish this thread could be useful for interested regardless of price ranges. 

Lets play some music😀 Partition with Beyonce😂

I see two potential issues. First, isn't the chorus ii woofer crossing at 600hz? The Faital is rated up to 4000hz, sounds more like it's meant for a 2way. Second, it lists the ported box volume as 2.95ft3, I think the chorus is 6 or 7 cubic feet. That's what I remember having owned them many years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

28 minutes ago, MechEngVic said:

I see two potential issues. First, isn't the chorus ii woofer crossing at 600hz? The Faital is rated up to 4000hz, sounds more like it's meant for a 2way. Second, it lists the ported box volume as 2.95ft3, I think the chorus is 6 or 7 cubic feet. That's what I remember having owned them many years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Chorus bass is crossing at 600 hz

Faital pro will do the same on Chorus. 

The size of the speaker box should not be a problem.  Faital pro has almost similar measurement data as K-48

Other brands that should work against K-48: Eminence Delta-15LF Eminence Kappa - 15 Eminence Kappa Pro 15 LF C

20 hours ago, raeggis said:

I totally agree as long as you use the back wall and side wall as bass reinforcement.  I'm reasonably happy with my speakers, but the idea of increasing the spl on the bass driver is there😀

As others have stated the k-48 is plenty and perfectly matched for the box / port design. I have found that replacing the crappy stock mid driver with either a Crites A55-g or Soldered-lug k-55v balances out the speaker giving them a fuller / bigger sound especially at lower volumes as the larger much higher quality mid driver has a reduced output of 2-3db. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raeggis said:

The size of the speaker box should not be a problem.  Faital pro has almost similar measurement data as K-48

Off-topicness of my first post still declared yet unexplained when challenged, I offer yet another (2-part) challenge:  If the proposed driver (evidently?) is specified for a different box volume, how should that "not be a problem", and, if it has "almost similar measurement data" then why spend the money (and time)?

44 minutes ago, glens said:

Off-topicness of my first post still declared yet unexplained when challenged, I offer yet another (2-part) challenge:  If the proposed driver (evidently?) is specified for a different box volume, how should that "not be a problem", and, if it has "almost similar measurement data" then why spend the money (and time)?

Most important of all for me is the higher sound pressure on the bass.  Now we also have to remember that the bass driver is very old, so once in a while you are dependent on getting this swapped out for something new.  So why not use a replacement speaker that meets my wishes?

7 hours ago, raeggis said:

You were the one who wrote the first post so I am confused.

There is either a language problem or an attitude problem. In either case,  I will stay out of it and not bother with any suggestions.

Good luck,

-Tom

7 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

You were the one who wrote the first post so I am confused.

There is either a language problem or an attitude problem. In either case,  I will stay out of it and not bother with any suggestions.

Good luck,

-Tom

Hi Tom

Its a language problem,  and im sorry for poor comunication. 

Best regards

raeggis

17 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

To the OP and his original question, re-read what GLENS wrote in his first post. 

Personally, I think you  are seeking a solution in search of a problem. The bass is fine on the Chorus. There are other things that I would tackle first. 

Good luck,

-Tom

I have to admit I would not change out the woofer either. Do a recap and maybe replace the tweeter and that is all I ever do with these.

• Like 1

Thanks for input regarding kp-301😃 I am sharing a photo of the Corus 2 and kp 301 II crossover filter.  Maybe someone dares to change their crossovers, and share the listening experience after change.

IMG_20191211_210506.jpg

9 hours ago, raeggis said:

Most important of all for me is the higher sound pressure on the bass.  Now we also have to remember that the bass driver is very old, so once in a while you are dependent on getting this swapped out for something new.  So why not use a replacement speaker that meets my wishes?

Perhaps if the speakers have been subjected to prolonged periods of use right up at their power limits through the years it might make sense to refresh drivers.

I've not heard any Chorus to my knowledge but by all accounts I've seen (here) they are a great product.  I'd think you really want something different because once you start doing everything you're talking about, that's what you'll have.  And then you'll be out a pair of Chorus as well.

I can't tell if you're merely seeking community approval or whether you're trying to get somebody else to try it for you first.