What's A Good Robot Vacuum?

Gilbert

I'm considering the Neato D7, due to best reported suction, shape and relatively low noise rating. But some of those Amazon reviews are worrisome. Don't want to spend $600 on a lemon.  The Roomba S9 also looks pretty cool, coping the shape and increasing suction, but the noise is reportedly excessive as is the price.

We have a Roomba 900 which does an incredible job.  They're 200 off now at their web site.   We got that model as our house is too big to do on one charge so it will clean as much as it can, go back and recharge, then finish where it left off.  It's incredible how much it picks up even when the floors look clean to start with.  As far as noise goes, I don't think any of them are terribly quiet.  Just program it to clean when you're not at home.  We run ours twice a week.

• Like 1

We have the eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S bought from Amazon, think it was on sale at the time.

Heard from a friend how much he liked his so tried it out.

Great vacuum for a great price. They are made by Anker who makes a lot of phone accessories and battery banks. They are a good brand so I was happy to try out the vac.

Everyday I come home to a dustpan full. Our home is about 1,700 SF and it seems to get most of it each day.

We have hardwoods with some rugs so I can't say how it would preform on carpets.

Soooo much cheaper than Roomba and from my understanding better although I have never owned a Roomba.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

(1)  they all stink, (2) they all leak dust out their exhaust, and (3) they ALL plug up their porous filters, losing their airflow and thus, losing their cleaning power. 

(1) wrong

(2) wrong

(3) clean after each use

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/rainbow_vacuum.html?#sort=top_reviews&filter=none

• Haha 1

I've got a lady that comes in and cleans whenever I call her.  So she mops the kitchen and bathroom and vaccums the stairs and entryway.  Everything else is oak hardwood so I've been nosin the past couple months and almost jumped on a Roomba.   Couple days ago I saw my fav on line auctioneer had one in an estate sale.  A Mint, which only rates a 3.5 on Amazon and sells for 280.  Price was right too.  Auction went down last nite and I picked it up for $4.  Stopped on the way home today and picked it up.  Looks good to me and I don't think it's been used much.  You use Swiffer's dust and mop pads with it.  Things going to have a field day in here.  hahaha  Guess we'll see what we shall see!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There is no good " robot vacuum ".  

In my extensive direct experience, over three decades, there is no vacuum that uses a dry porous filter, on the face of this earth, that is worthwhile to own, or can ever possibly clean any home well. 

Why ??  They all do three bad things, (1)  they all stink, (2) they all leak dust out their exhaust, and (3) they ALL plug up their porous filters, losing their airflow and thus, losing their cleaning power. 

There are absolutely NO exceptions to these three design flaws, with any and every porous-filter-vacuum ever made !! 

There exists only one vacuum,  made by Rexair since 1936,  that can possibly clean a home well, and that one is beautifully-made and uses water as its main filter.  Its called a Rainbow SRX.

https://rainbowsystem.com/

Jeffrey Medwin 
Interesting, will researchers this one, but we have a hand operated Miele thats pretty darn good, but nothing beats a good mopping with fabuloso. Wife gets after it about every 2 or 3 months.

in all honesty the BotVac is for use between routine moppings. House is mostly tile with some wood floors. Gotta a couple wiener dogs and a stuck-up cat inside.

My biggest concern is the robot falling off the edge along the sunken living room. It's a 3ft drop, but I would think they got that figured out.

CNET rated the neato pretty high, and the mapping isnt shared. Not that I really care.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know a darn thing about any of them.  Just tired of watching cat hair balls rolling across the floor like tumbleweed on a windy day.  😂

Just looked at the thing and eyeballed the directions so have it on charge.  Northstar unit didn't come on so I suppose it needs a couple C batteries, then a couple cases of Swiffer wet and dry pads and possibly a new battery  ($20) for the unit.  So yea about what I figured.  😂

Also found an email exchange about not charging from 2016 and a paper w/the battery info with it so yea.  Here we go!  Where else can I have this much fun w/a $4 investment?  Busy work for tomorrow!   

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

found an email exchange about not charging from 2016 and a paper w/the battery info

I bet you can make several fun, useless toys from it. Batteries and chargers are easy to get. I used to play with LiPo batteries in R/C. Ya think the Lithium Ion are touchy....  Rambling now

but getting a battery and/or charger shouldn't be awful

• Like 1