Eminence LAB 12 Sub(s) ?

HPower

On 12/12/2019 at 7:28 AM, HPower said:

Here is how the system sits as of right now...

System Dec_2019.jpg

which model of woofers are you using in the Peavey -----stock black widow?-----or K33 ------how do the bass bins perform compared to let's say a Scala

On 12/12/2019 at 12:15 PM, jason str said:

measurements were taken @ main listening position using a 15" loaded 21" wide inverted THTLP

My bad. I thought I'd read everything twice... and I still missed that.

Still wondering if anyone can speak to Lab 12 in THTLP. vs. Lab 12 in the 'Lab12 Tapped Horn'. The boxes are about ~300 c.i. apart from each other and THTLP has a larger mouth despite its being shorter overall. Just curious. 

7 hours ago, RandyH 000 said:

which model of woofers are you using in the Peavey -----stock black widow?-----or K33 ------how do the bass bins perform compared to let's say a Scala

I am using Bob's, CW1526C 15 inch Cast Frame Woofers.

There is no complaints by me for bass performance with the FH-1/CW1526C combonation.

I "think" bass is a bit better with the Peaveys vs my La Scalas, but the LSs are up in the garage getting a make over

so they are not currently available for a side by side comparo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Endo said:

My bad. I thought I'd read everything twice... and I still missed that.

Still wondering if anyone can speak to Lab 12 in THTLP. vs. Lab 12 in the 'Lab12 Tapped Horn'. The boxes are about ~300 c.i. apart from each other and THTLP has a larger mouth despite its being shorter overall. Just curious. 

The room dictates response.

Tapped will generally play a bit lower at the expense of frequencies over 60 Hz or around.

Tapped horns will have higher distortion numbers in general from the exposed driver

Going fully horn loaded will benefit from having multiple units unlike any other design.

• Like 3