Hooking Cassette Deck to R-15PM

Shackney1127

I've started getting back into cassettes lately. I have a set of 2 R-15PMs. I wanted advice on how (and if) I could incorporate a cassette deck into my set up. My speakers only take RCA input, and the old receivers I've been checking out in thrift stores all use speaker wire. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, Shackney1127 said:

"I've started getting back into cassettes lately. I have a set of 2 R-15PMs. I wanted advice on how (and if) I could incorporate a cassette deck into my set up. My speakers only take RCA input, and the old receivers I've been checking out in thrift stores all use speaker wire. Any tips would be greatly appreciated."

Hmm.  According to Klipsch, the R15PMs are "powered" and have RCA inputs on the back of the right speaker switchable for either phono or line level analog input.  If so, seems to me that you could just run a set of RCA interconnects between your deck and the R15s and be good to go.....

~

R-15PM_Product_4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 6:30 PM, Shackney1127 said:

I've started getting back into cassettes lately. I have a set of 2 R-15PMs. I wanted advice on how (and if) I could incorporate a cassette deck into my set up. My speakers only take RCA input, and the old receivers I've been checking out in thrift stores all use speaker wire. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Why are you looking at receivers? Just plug the cassette deck straight into your speakers. RCA out on cassette deck to RCA in on the speakers 

• 3 weeks later...

Also, I see the R51PM's have speaker connections as well, so you could use the amp in the receiver by hooking the receiver to the speakers by using speaker wire. Using that method you wouldn't use the amps in the speakers (but that kind of defeats the purpose).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk