10 best acoustic guitar players in the world

jimjimbo

33 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Can't argue with this, especially Tommy E.  What say you @BigStewMan?

https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-10-best-acoustic-guitarists-in-the-world-today

Fine guitarists no doubt. i’m not sure what the criteria was (1) predominantly acoustic? (2) work done this past year?... Tommy E. does play a Telecaster too and I’m sure all these folks play electrics.  That said, how then can someone like Steve Howe not be on this list?  he does a lot of acoustic work. Can’t listen to The Clap or Mood for the Day and not be amazed at his acoustic play.  Would have liked to see Doyle Dykes on the list too.  I’ve even seen Guthrie Govan play an acoustic and it was pretty impressive. If this was an all-time list, I’d definitely have one of my top three players on this list -- Glen Campbell. 

Thanks for the link Jim, i like lists. 

16 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Would have liked to see Doyle Dykes on the list too.  

He's from just up the road from Chattanooga. Great guitarist! There are soooo many good players out there. I would add Sierra Hull to the list, although she is primarily a mandolinist.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to see Richard Thompson in October here in Toronto were he did a solo acoustic show that was amazing!!!

The last time I saw him was about 6 years or so ago, also a solo show, but electric.

He mostly played that pastel green... I think Fender.

Unbelievable player, plugged in or acoustic.

Joe Walsh over reated  , still , loved Rocky M W , eccellent  album .

The dude from Hee Haw , for got his name , plays country , very good , Roy Clark, that's it 

And then there's me 😀

Sorry , I think E Clapton is over rated , that's just my opinion 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kidd said:

And then there's me 😀

i left myself off the list too.   Roy Clark is in my top five overall guitarist. Brian May, Steve Howe, Glen Campbell, Roy Clark, David Gilmour.  Oh yeah, i forgot about those two Brazilians dudes ... Los Indios Tabajares.  If you’ve never heard them ... you must!  They are incredible. Here’s two minutes that you won’t regret watching (if you appreciate the guitar).

Glad to see my man Richard Thompson get his well deserved respect. Notice my avatar? One of the greatest guitarists of any genre on either acoustic or electric. I have seen him over 50 times and he never fails to impress on many levels. I would add to the chorus of respect for the great Leo Kottke, who I think is the best American acoustic guitarist and has been for many years. Where's Tony Rice? That man is another monster player.