Klipsch R-112SW, port tune, and Fs

Ron DB

I need to know at least the port tune Hz, and the driver (Fs) resonance frequency would be nice too.         This way I'll have a good idea where to set the high-pass at when I get a Dayton Audio DSP-408 with the DSP-BT4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Then I turn off the high-pass on my new Crown xls 1502 before I hook up my other R-112SW to the xls1502.                       I appreciate your help.

5 hours ago, Ron DB said:

I need to know at least the port tune Hz, and the driver (Fs) resonance frequency would be nice too.         This way I'll have a good idea where to set the high-pass at when I get a Dayton Audio DSP-408 with the DSP-BT4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Then I turn off the high-pass on my new Crown xls 1502 before I hook up my other R-112SW to the xls1502.                       I appreciate your help.

Not quite sure why you would need to know that information since there could be eq and the port and tuning work in unison.  You would need to know the overall frequency response of the sub at the location that you install it so that you could match the crossover you will attempt to set to the low frequency.  

The room and the sub form a unit.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:09 AM, pzannucci said:

Not quite sure why you would need to know that information since there could be eq and the port and tuning work in unison.  You would need to know the overall frequency response of the sub at the location that you install it so that you could match the crossover you will attempt to set to the low frequency.  

The room and the sub form a unit.

FYI, the plate amplifier on my r-112sw subwoofer is burn't, I'm using a Crown xls pro-amp  as a replacement to power the sub now, and will be getting a Dayton Audio dsp-408 next month to dial in the sub. So knowing the port tuning frequency, and drive fs needs to addressed 1st, before any room response eq is performed.              Wouldn't you want to know the fs of the sub and the port tuning freq of the cabinet it's in before setting the high-pass to protect the sub from over excursion, and running room correction equalization, especially when the sub drive specs, and it's cabinet port tuning freq. aren't readably available..?                             I do understand the room size and shape, and the subs location within the room plays a big part in the subs freq. response at the main listening position.                                I hope this clarifies your misunderstanding of why I'm asking for these specifications.                       Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Update, 

Well, after running 5 different tone generator Android apps, I've come to the conclusion that the port tuning frequency is 30hz. I thought it was probably around 27hz, but was surprised that it turned out to be at 30hz.  If you disagree with my findings please let me know why.

Edited by Ron DB
Correction