R-112SW port tuning frequency ?

Ron DB

I'm now running a crown pro-amp to power my sub, since the factory plate amplifier burned-out. So I would like to know the port tuning frequency so I can have a good idea what frequency to set my high-pass filter at to protect my sub and try to maintain the factory frequency response. 

Thanks for your help.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, Ron DB said:

I'm now running a crown pro-amp to power my sub, since the factory plate amplifier burned-out. So I would like to know the port tuning frequency so I can have a good idea what frequency to set my high-pass filter at to protect my sub and try to maintain the factory frequency response. 

Thanks for your help.

16 hours ago, moray james said:

run some test tones into your sub starting just above where you suspect the vent is tuned to. Play the tones at one Hz intervals descending. When you observe that your woofer is no longer moving then you have hit the tuning frequency.

Yup.

Yeah, I down loaded a test tone app and started at 30hz and worked my way down to 23hz then back up to 30hz several times and it seems to be about 28hz.   One thing I did notice is the sub starts moving a lot more below 25 hz. So the lowest I'd set the high-pass is probably 24hz. Unluckily I'll have to wait until next month before I can buy a Dayton Audio DSP-408 to find out what frequency and roll-off slope works best.                                        Thanks for the reply.