Heritage Center Channel?

Foxman

I have a question about center channel speakers. For years I have been using the matching reference center channel for my reference series speakers. I have transitioned to heritage speakers and am curious why Klipsch or perhaps the better question is if Klipsch has ever offered a dedicated heritage center channel? I am aware that the original Cornwall was the center channel for the K-Horns, but in the real world house, or, at least at my house, that is not an option. So, is there a traditional center channel in the Heritage line that I have missed? I am currently running Forte II's and am hoping to transition to a pair of Cornwalls. In the absence of a true Heritage center, I have considered modifying a Heresy to lay on its side and have the horns mounted horizontally to the floor.

I have two Fortes and a Hersey for center. Herseys make great center channels very clean and clear for speech. It sits vertical on top of my sub underneath my screen. I have used it on its side, works great. A lot of people will run Herseys on their side. If you remember the first Cornwall had the midrange & tweeter horns running vertical. I would just put it on its side no need to modify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Heresy, in either vertical or horizontal orientation, will sound fine.  No need to modify it to lay it on its side. Try to get a 1986 or later Heresy II with the square input pocket, so you can upgrade it to a Heresy III, or just get an H3 in the first place.  They do sound much better.

However, if you don't mind having your TV sitting a little higher and want great sound, a Belle Klipsch is highly recommended.  It also makes a great TV stand.

• Like 2

I have a question about center channel speakers. For years I have been using the matching reference center channel for my reference series speakers. I have transitioned to heritage speakers and am curious why Klipsch or perhaps the better question is if Klipsch has ever offered a dedicated heritage center channel? I am aware that the original Cornwall was the center channel for the K-Horns, but in the real world house, or, at least at my house, that is not an option. So, is there a traditional center channel in the Heritage line that I have missed? I am currently running Forte II's and am hoping to transition to a pair of Cornwalls. In the absence of a true Heritage center, I have considered modifying a Heresy to lay on its side and have the horns mounted horizontally to the floor.

Use a Heresy for a center. There is no need to put it on its side. The swawker and tweeter has wider dispersion vertically as intended. Layed on its side the dispersion is up and down rather than side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What do they know?  On that note, I never understood why some spend so much on tvs but not audio. 

Totally agree.

I can enjoy the movie just as much if it looks good or fantastic.....  my viewing pleasure is about the same.

I'd almost rather to NOT watch any given movie/show if the audio is all mucked up.

Besides....the tv speakers do not make my dogs snap to attention & bark if there is a dog on the commercial or something......however, the audio system WILL cause them to snap to attention (at least in their younger years when they could hear!).

That's got to mean something.

Well, Thursday I set out on a 16.5-hour journey driving roughly 750-800 miles, which netted two pairs of Heresy 1's and a pair of Cornwall 1's. That is a LONG story, but I met some fellow Klipsch lovers who are great guys with wonderful gear. The bottom line is, the Heresy as a center channel is night and day compared to the RC-7 when paired with the Forte 2's. We watched Mama Mia 2 last night, the music from the center had much more bass to me, but the vocals were just sweet-sounding to my ears. I hope to listen to some more stuff today, but I am a happy camper. That is the good.

The bad is, I will have to re-create a smaller version of the Heresy from the components of one of them because the wife absolutely hates the size of them as a center. So, the project continues. It is all good though because the sound is a perfect match. I will have to ease into the Cornwall's because they need updating and let's face it, they are monstrously big. I need her to wrap her mind around how big they are and help her adjust to the idea. Thanks everyone, especially Vince and @flatgrass.

• Thanks 1