Miyabi Japanese Knives

willland

4 hours ago, thebes said:

Did you know that in France it's considered very bad luck to give a knife to someone? 

It is bad luck in Los Angeles too.  Someone gave someone that i know a knife one night ... didn’t gift wrap it or nothing, just stuck it right in his back. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

It is bad luck in Los Angeles too.  Someone gave someone that i know a knife one night ... didn’t gift wrap it or nothing, just stuck it right in his back. 

Like Peydan says in Silverado, That's bad luck.

JJK

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 1:12 PM, willland said:

I am technically referred to as a lifer with the company I have been employed with for the last 35 years.  So with each "milestone" year, I got to choose from the catalog and my choice was a Miyabi Kaizen 10-Piece Knife Block Set(msrp $1000.00).  Super pumped for these to arrive.  I have owned a mid level Sabatier classic forged set since 2001 and have gotten much use out of them but never was super impressed with the edge retention on these.  The Miyabi knives are said to be hand made and hand honed and razor sharp out of the box and pretty easy to keep restored to that edge but chipping can happen if not careful.

If any of you are familiar with these Miyabi knives and have any experience with them please share your thoughts.

10-pc Knife Block Set,,large

836114_01i_0115_s.jpg?sw=1350&sh=1000&sm=fit

Bill

i have no experience with that or those knives...

but I have used this set... For over 20 years..

Victorinox 46051 14-Piece Rosewood Handle Executive Knife Set

Item #: 35346051 MFR #: 46051

Each only

$495.99/Set

Ships free with Plus

Wish List
Rapid Reorder

Victorinox 46051 14-Piece Rosewood Handle Executive Knife Set
$495.99/Set
Add to Cart

Other Available Sizes:

• Great for students and professionals
  • Assortment of culinary tools
  • All tools come with a stylish, rosewood handle
  • Includes stylish attaché case with latches and a carry handle
  • Stamped stainless steel blade design preserves sharpness thanks to tempering process
  • 3 rivet design allows tools to last longer
  • Includes a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects
  • Victorinox lasts up to 60% longer than typical knives
UPC Code:046928460519

Whether you are bouncing between kitchens or have a permanent kitchen, this set will provide almost every kitchen tool you could need to prepare a meal. The durable carrying case helps you transport these 14 tools from one place to the next, and you can even use it to store all of the kitchen tools! Either way, you can rely on the excellent quality and durability of every tool in this set so you can concentrate on creating delicious dishes for your guests.

• Hand Wash Only

Hand Wash Only

To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized.

blank.png

Rosewood Handles

All of the tools come with a stylish, rosewood handle to provide an ergonomic grip. Rosewood also lends a rustic yet elegant look to your commercial kitchen and is also great for front-of-house displays.

blank.png

Attache Case

The stylish attache case provides an easy way to keep your kitchen tools organized while on the move or in storage. The case will latch closed for safe transportation between kitchens.

blank.png

Wide Assortment

With 14 different kitchen tools included in this set, you can be sure all of your most important kitchen tasks can be taken care of. From your typical bread knives to a lemon zester and melon baller, this set has just about every tool you could need to prepare a meal!

blank.png

Exceptional Quality

From the manufacturer of the original Swiss Army Knife, this Victorinox knife set comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects in material and craftsmanship. Plus, thanks to their incredible commitment to quality and comfort, Victorinox products last up to 60% longer than standard knives.

blank.png

IMG_20191215_192839_hdr.jpg

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

They all look very nice but I still look for a full bolster on chef knives.  It's just my style I guess.

There nice took at and for home use.. Full tangs are to heavy... Out in the field..

But out in the field.... With heavy use

And large productions... It's holds the edge very well... Their light and nimble also... Great utility knives

For the money...

• Like 1