New Klipsch/Denon build (divorce reasons)

alkemyst

I still have my Denon 4100W with Klipsch Quartets/Academy (both with Crites X-overs and diaphrams) and SS25's.  An Emotiva Ultra 12 for sub, but they are in my house which has been taken over by my ex for the past year :) lol

I am picking up a Denon 3500 and I have since inherited my father's Klipsch Forte IIs / Academy.  I would like to do the X-Over rebuild and diaphrams but the midrange for the Forte's show out of stock.  Also they need touch up work or a full repaint.  No gouges really just some scratches near the bases. What is a good paint to buy?

I'd like to do some surrounds but I am limited in my apartment since its a tile floor and I can't run wires through the ceiling.  What's a good setup / wireless kit?  I am debating a sub since it's an apartment, but open to opinions.  It's newer construction so sound deadening is good.

Is the Denon the way to go in the $500 range (refurb) or is there a much better bang for buck out there?

**** EDIT FOUND A NEW 3500H for $549 at Crutchfield ****

Thanks

Å

AlkemystTheatreNew.jpg

I am currently using a Denon 3400 with my Ultra2’s and I am very pleased with the performance. 

I have owned quite a few pretty nice receivers over the years and these mid to upper end Denons are pretty hard to beat, especially at refurbished pricing. 

I only have three channels now...hoping the Denon 3500H can do decent virtual.  I am right back against the wall and only 9' away so I am not sure what viable surround setup would be right.  The place is all tile...I could run wire along the glass sliding door.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, alkemyst said:

I only have three channels now...hoping the Denon 3500H can do decent virtual.  I am right back against the wall and only 9' away so I am not sure what viable surround setup would be right.  The place is all tile...I could run wire along the glass sliding door.

If you need to run wires on the floor you can protect them by using wire raceways, sometimes called wire channels. They are available at any home big box store and are inexpensive. They will protect your wire insulation from foot traffic.

1 hour ago, JerryC said:

If you need to run wires on the floor you can protect them by using wire raceways, sometimes called wire channels. They are available at any home big box store and are inexpensive. They will protect your wire insulation from foot traffic.

WAF factor.  I am thinking of a small two channel Class D amp and a wireless dual line out transmitter.  I can then just run wires up from the couch.  Thinking RS25's, RS42 or RS10's...i'd love to do RS7 or R62 :).  My rear area is below about 13-15" on each side of the couch only.

RearSpeakerPossibility2.png