Looking for PVC Experts

rplace

Wood is your friend, unless you have a full metal shop. If you can't find a large enough, solid piece of wood....make your own by cutting as many 3/4" plywood donuts as needed.  Then glue them together to the height needed.  Nice thing is it is inexpensive and can be finished to taste...granted, not as cool as a solid piece of metal.

You can make any shape you wish that way. 

Sample.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rplace said:

I want to make a housing for the motor of my turntable. Currently VPI has SAMA that house a Hurst motor. They look like this.

VPI0000555-7.png

and hold a motor like this. Note Round part is below square top plate

1307630-new-hurst-motor-and-vpi-pulley.j

I have a SOTA Total Eclipse which is a drop in replacement for the Hurst motor Here is the link https://sotaturntables.com/products/total-eclipse-package/

I got the idea from many of these I have seen for tonearms.

il_794xN.1218417630_7ym0.jpg

So I want to make a cement version of the stainless thing VPI has.

Very much like the pictures in first link.

I measured my VPI one and it is right at 5" OD the hurst square plate is just about 2.25. If you check the SOTA link they have actual dimensions for the motor in a PDF. I currently have the Sota motor in the VPI base, so the measurements need to be close but not exact because the square plate can cover up a bit of the round hole for the motor.

Never had any idea how diverse the market is for machined audio parts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rudy81 said:

Wood is your friend, unless you have a full metal shop. If you can't find a large enough, solid piece of wood....make your own by cutting as many 3/4" plywood donuts as needed.  Then glue them together to the height needed.  Nice thing is it is inexpensive and can be finished to taste...granted, not as cool as a solid piece of metal.

You can make any shape you wish that way. 

Sample.jpg

He needs much more density than wood though.