HUM in system ... Crown K1 amp??

Emile

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

Doesn't look "jumpered." Ground (?) to pin 1 AND jumpered to casing (?), white to pin 3, red to pin 3. :D 

The inner conductors of the Monoprice cable are white and red? Hmmmmm..well I guess they can change whatever they want whenever they want. The color makes no difference of course. Just an interesting factoid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Correction ... red to pin 2 :) 

image.png.b953d951b6ee050523912537cd4d40e0.png

Yes this is correct. Of course the colors of wire do not matter. As long as the wires on 2 and 3 are the twisted pair and 1 is the shield. As I have posted in several different threads--you must think about where the current wants to flow and where it will flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope my English will be good😂
To get your tip out: you can put your vertical amp with the back side facing the ground. Then then with a flat screwdriver you lift one by one the metal tabs of the 1/4 female socket starting from the deepest, the male point will descend stage by stage😉

• Thanks 1

Try this:  The tiny pin hole in the rear of the female connector that the pin is broken off in?  Take a bobby pin and push it in there just enough to make some room.  Then slip out to McDill AFB in Tampa and get just a tiny bit of C-4 explosive.  Won't take much but pack it in tite.  Replace the cover on the amp, point it out the sliding doors and power up.  Might want to put a concrete block on top of the amp but something's gonna give.  Use a 100' extension cord just to be safe.  Good luck brother!    :)

• Haha 2