HUM in system ... Crown K1 amp??

Emile

25 minutes ago, babadono said:

How? the glue and stick method? Put the tip in an envelope and mail to Monoprice with a note "Shove this up your azz"

Yeah ... glue and stick and of course "lifting" the clips :)  Already left feedback on the Monoprice connector ... haha, saw a lot more customers had the same problem :(  Not up to their (usually good) product standards :( 

Going to try another amp first to see if the hum is still there. Next, have to fix lobsters for my wife and I  :)  

Thanks to ALL ... extremely helpful as this was a PITA :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 3

While working in the IT dept at a small college, a student came in with her Macbook Pro. She had snapped off the tip on her earbuds... great, only a 1/8 inch hole an the piece was maybe an 1/8 inside the case.

I made her sign a waiver/release before I did anything...

I straightened a paperclip and put a small drop of CA on the end, carefully inserted and held it in place on the broken piece until it dried. Then pulled out the tip.

I could have easily twitched and glued it in for good... but it worked and she was very happy.

• Like 2

Will be hooking up the K1 shortly - as soon as my wife leaves :)  ... tried to upload a pic of my "tip on a stick," but now I am only allowed 10 KILO bytes :( :(  Anyone know how to reset this??? Very annoying ... was 2Mb, down to 1Mb, 600kb, 60kb, haha 10kb :(  @Chad????

Do not believe it ... hooked up the K1 and the "hum" is GONE :D  Had been shopping for new amps, but it is hard to find a good replacement for the K1 (or K2).  Soooo HAPPY :D  Thanks all :D  Guess the broken tip introduced some feedback somewhere ... haha; after months of use.  Just have NO explanation :(  

Celebration Fireworks GIF by MIT

Thought I had found a nice replacement ... Nikko Alpha 440 (220wpc). Would have bought it, but the power out LED's did not work. :( And ... love this "Tokyo by night" display or big VU meters :) .

s-l1600.jpg

Also looked at a Nikko Alpha II. But only 120wpc ... but seller will throw in a Pioneer 8500ll  ... not sure it would drive my 904's as loud as I like (after a bottle of wine). Any thoughts?

00w0w_fsauSha9p2R_1200x900.jpg

Very strange ... can upload these pics, but when I try to upload a "file pic" I get "cannot upload more than 10.24 kilobytes" :( 

Thanks again for all the help!

Cheers, Emile

16 minutes ago, babadono said:

Good news

Thank you SIR ... lifting the clips as you suggested did the trick :D But really have no clue why the "hum" appeared ... we'll see how long it remains "clear."

And Merry Christmas to you :)