HUM in system ... Crown K1 amp??

Emile

23 minutes ago, Emile said:

But really have no clue why the "hum" appeared ... we'll see how long it remains "clear."

Amen. Problems that go away by themselves tend to return all by themselves. But who knows maybe you had just a slightly loose connection or maybe that broken piece was doing something that we just can't explain...YET.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Emile said:

Thank you SIR ... lifting the clips as you suggested did the trick :D But really have no clue why the "hum" appeared ... we'll see how long it remains "clear."

And Merry Christmas to you :) 

Inside a jack like that, there are often internal tabs that short the channel to ground when there is no plug inserted. That stuck tip probably lifted that protective ground connection without providing the "other" connections, leading to an open-input hum.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Emile said:

hooked up the K1 and the "hum" is GONE :D  Had been shopping for new amps, but it is hard to find a good replacement for the K1 (or K2).  Soooo HAPPY :D  Thanks all :D  Guess the broken tip introduced some feedback somewhere ...

Good to see that your hum is gone. I was just kidding about buying a new amp, my way of trying to make you smile while you were solving the problem.

• Haha 1

OK; finally able to post a pic ... thanks to @Rivernuggets.  He explained that members can post a maximum of 146.48 MBs ... if you reach that amount you will have to remove uploads via "My Attachments" to free up space again :( :D Good reason too keep pics in the 100kb range.

OK; here is a pic of my removed tip, still glued to the stick :) 

IMG_2273.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Emile said:

OK; finally able to post a pic ... thanks to @Rivernuggets.  He explained that members can post a maximum of 146.48 MBs ... if you reach that amount you will have to remove uploads via "My Attachments" to free up space again :( :D Good reason too keep pics in the 100kb range.

OK; here is a pic of my removed tip, still glued to the stick :) 

IMG_2273.JPG

Dude, this will not do... excellent brain power ...

• Haha 1