Production Log Info for Klipschorns 1A827 and 1A828

triceratops

Hi Jim Hunter!

Like the title says, can you please provide the log info for Klipschorns 1A827 and 1A828?

This pair is currently advertised for sale on Craigs List in Portland, Oregon, but they have been incorrectly identified as 1955 due to misinformation in the Forum Serial Number Document which you pointed out earlier this month. I hope you can shed some light on the actual date for this pair. Thanks!

\

Hi Jim Hunter!
Like the title says, can you please provide the log info for Klipschorns 1A827 and 1A828?
This pair is currently advertised for sale on Craigs List in Portland, Oregon, but they have been incorrectly identified as 1955 due to misinformation in the Forum Serial Number Document which you pointed out earlier this month. I hope you can shed some light on the actual date for this pair. Thanks!

\

1962 vintage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Tony Whitlow said:

1962 vintage

Thanks, Tony! I think 1962 is a fair approximation based on the letter code, and that's what I suggested on the Alerts post regarding this pair.

But I'm hoping Jim will weigh in with the actual production date. That's because this is a transition period between code formats and date code documents on the Forum led the owner to state they are 1955. If I was in his place, I'd want a definitive answer so that's what I'm asking for. 

8 hours ago, JRH said:

Logbook says September 18, 1963.  Of note, only one pair was shipped in August!  Musta been leaning heavily on Belle's teaching salary!

618957231_1A8271963001.thumb.jpg.e9933f7953593308bcfe572932b938a3.jpg

Although somewhat understandable, it was unsettling the way Miss Valerie appeared to erase the place Belle had in PWK’s life and the history of Klipsch & Associates.  Clearly, without Belle’s teaching salary, Klipsch & Associates would not have survived.   

I hope and believe that Miss Valerie was a worthy companion to PWK, notwithstanding her apparent jealousy of Belle.  It’s sad and ironic that Miss Valerie enjoyed financial success only made possible by the work and sacrifice of Belle.