Speaker Covers

CECAA850

I'm about to put a pair of LSI's on my back patio and once they're out there, they won't be moved.  The area is covered but it's still outside.  I've had several speakers out there, sometimes for 4-5 years at a time with no issues from the elements/atmosphere even though it gets extremely hot and humid here.  I'm looking for someone who makes speaker covers.  Anyone have a source or suggestion?  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, GeorgeK said:

Try a local boat cover/canvas shop?

There's an upholstery shop that we use at work that I gave my dimensions to.  It's been several weeks and they never got back with me.  It kind of ticked me off as we use them quite a bit. 

Carl,

While living in Madison, WI a long time ago, our campus ministry had a pair of small PA speakers that we hauled around all the time. We went to a tent and awning maker and got very nice fitting lightweight canvas covers made.

To keep pace with past threads that resulted in quick answers to the original post, but then went down the rabbit hole with information that provided months of fodder for additional members to give their expert opinions on, shouldn't we consider the following:

1.  What material would be best for the application?

2.  Ties or Velcro?

3 .  Wind rating for specific materials.

4.  Stitch count and the gauge on the thread for stitching if it's better than Velcro.

5.  Warranties 

6.  Breath ability when the average humidity for the area is calculated properly. 

7.  Color and will it properly blend with the surroundings?

8.  Installation and removal time of various covers.

9.  Budget

10.  WAF, her opinion should be considered as well.

13 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Carl,

While living in Madison, WI a long time ago, our campus ministry had a pair of small PA speakers that we hauled around all the time. We went to a tent and awning maker and got very nice fitting lightweight canvas covers made.

While I was waiting for answers I called another boat cover place.  I hadn't heard back yet.