USB lights

Harleywood

Not sure if posting in right section but what is the general consensus for plugging a USB LED light into the PC-USB on the back of an integrated amp? 

I have an acrylic TT platter and just got a single color changing lLED light to light it with but the cord is only 10” in length and USB. 

@Harleywood

A single LED with a current limiting resistor will only draw about 20 ma, but different color LEDs can be a little higher or lower. Given that that is only twenty thousandths of an amp, there should be no problem at all. Diodes shouldn't generate any noise while being powered by a DC voltage, however some might when powered with an AC voltage, and they will be turning on and off at the line frequency.

Bruce

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glens said:

I thought LEDs react quite unhappily to reverse-polarity voltage, thus ruling out driving them with AC?

I've done it quite a bit over the years. Maybe I should try a full wave rectifier with four LEDs... Wouldn't handle much current, though.