Any suggestions for front presence speakers.

Matrixx9

I just purchased a brand new in box pair of RS 3's and have read some not to nice things about these. Yes I know they are discontinued but like I said the are brand NIB. Should I resell them before installing them are are these actually worth it? Thanks ahead of time. You guys are so knowledgeable.  I love the abundance of OCD about klipsch on here! Lol

Since they were discontinued in 2001, they are quite a few years old but still are good speakers, but they are rear channel surround speakers. It really depends on your budget for front speakers. Anything in the RF or Reference line would match well with the RS-3s.....RF42, RF62, RF82, RF7....or even some of the newer Klipsch front channel speakers in the RP line. Do you have a budget in mind? Any problem with buying used? Location? There are experts on here in finding used speaker deals 😃

And...the RP-160M's make great presence/height channel speakers. Snag a pair from Crutchfield for a paltry $365, with lower priority shipping.

I wish I could have used them for my heights, but I was worried about them being heavier. We have concrete walls, and I had a french cleat installed to hold them. With proper support, and drywall, I would have spent the little bit extra, and got the 1st 0s for heights too. The 160s def sound better than the 150s, but the 150s are doing fine for heights.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your input. In reply to Ceptoman, I have

RF 83's as fronts

RF 82's as rear surround

RC 64 as center

RS 52's as surround

RS 62's as rear presence 

RSW-15 sub about to add a second in a week.

And all I need is front presence 

I bought the RS 3's but they seem to be too small with my limited experience. I can sell these easily, picked them up for a steal unless you smarter people think it will fit in or upgrade. RS 7's??? Or some other you suggest. Also was having trouble figuring out how to mount these front presence until I bought 2 swing arm TV mounts at 9.00 each lol. They will work great. In case I listed my speakers wrong these pics will show them. Also I currently have a Yamaha A1070 but am updating to A3080 plus adding an Emotiva XPA 7 gen3.

20191223_042110~2.jpg

Screenshot_20191119-142159_Facebook.jpg

20191223_042102~2.jpg

20191223_051240~2.jpg

Edited by Matrixx9
  • Like 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

That's a spectacular list of speakers you have there, sure to sound fantastic. If you pick up RF7s, those should go up front, they are a performance upgrade over the 83s.

Thank you for your VERY quick reply. They sound pretty good but I know in my heart with the added power amp and extra 2 channels the 3080 will add it will hopefully sound a lot better. I find it hard to believe my 1070 is actually pushing all of this

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea that's a lot of speakers to push, the XPA-7 will definitely make a difference. All that cherry looks nice, those 83s are getting hard to find.

Thank you Ceptorman, that's why I want to pickup a pair of cherry rf7's. Yes I have OCD. My rear surrounds are Black Ash and odd man out (except the black surrounds) so per your advise the rf7's will replace the rf83's spot and move to the back and I'll sell the black ash 82's. I found another pair of the 83's if you are looking. Only 800.00 for the pair which is cheap as far as I can see. Just let me know I'll send you a link.