Klipsch Pro cp-1 Cornwall vs Standard Cornwall 1

AB3CX MIke

There is a pair of Pro CP-1 Cornwalls listed on Facebook marketplace about 2 hours from me, they are $2700.  There is another pair of Cornwalls about 5 hours away in the Boston area for $1000.  I'm curious to know what the group advises in terms of sound and value differences here. I am likely or more correctly  sure to get the pair for $1000 and invest in any upgrades that make sense.  Klipsch newbie here.

Edited by AB3CX MIke
spelling error
  • Like 1

I have never listened to the Pro CP-1 so I cannot opine on their sound.  On the other hand I have owned Cornwalls for several years and enjoyed them a great deal. It is difficult to imagine that the Pro CP-1 pair are 2.7 times better sounding.  YMMV.

If you can be patient you may be able to find a pair of Cornscala's for $ 1500.00 +/- and they out perform Cornwalls by a long shot and it aint close.

Edited by deep3shot
added a comment

Interesting question ... sorry; have NO answer :D  But ... have had several "Pro" speakers and I am just amazed how much better they are/perform vs the "home" speakers. Currently running KPT-904's and yes, they are at least 2.7 times better than Cornwalls :) Just cannot compare it with a CP-1 as I have never heard it. Might be worth a drive and a "listen."  But; don't think they are worth 2.7x regular CW's.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well this is my two cents worth...the CP1s are the overbuilt version of the Cornwalls so the are rated at 200 Watts continuous, have a slightly larger cabinet, better woofer and we’re only made during the mid 80s so they are fairly rare. I owned a pair until recently and I feel they are worth the higher asking price.  

• Like 2