Amp recommendation for K402?

charbuggie

Just looking for some good input on a decision I have to make.  I have a new set of jubes and trying to figure out what amps I want to run.  On the bass bins I have a classe DR-8 that I had checked out and ready to go or I may put an older pass labs x250 on them.  I really want to put my crown studio reference II on the bass bins but it needs to be serviced and I can not find a good crown tech to send it to.  So it will stay in the closet.  

Just sold my MC60's and have a budget for $3700 for a good solid state amp for the K402's.  These will have the Radian PB 950 beryllium drivers on them.  I'm leaning towards a pass labs XA30.5 for this job.  I have found one and it is reasonably priced.  Also found a 30.8 but it is obviously more money and the reviews tell me it is not worth the money.  I do have a citation II tube amp I was considering for the job but it needs work.  I will be going active with a DEQX HDP 4 and once I get this dialed in I do not want to be swapping amps around and having to adjust things.  So let's hear some ideas on the k402 amp?

On 12/24/2019 at 1:25 PM, AHall said:

Mine are the standard drivers. I plan to move these to my side surrounds in the future when I upgrade to beryllium radians. 

I was remembering the cool looking picture you posted a while back of your silver finned Radian 950Pb Neo drivers. My memory slipped on the BE distinction when I replied to charbuggie's question. That should be very nice when you do your next upgrade.

• Like 1