BB King ... special memories

mikebse2a3

I was blessed to see BB King live twice. Once was at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville with Linda and my special friends Becky and Marion.

The second time was with Linda at the Tennessee Theatre on January 8, 2010 and until recently I had forgotten I had this numbered print 198/1000 from the event.

For Christmas my sweet Linda had it professionally framed for my music room. Sure brings back a wonderful memory of spending an evening with BB King and Linda..!

Would love to see and hear of others memorabilia of concerts you attended...🙂

miketn

DC5B91DD-D552-4F48-BD31-BF71812ED8B3.thumb.jpeg.0d5d55e792aa41b91c57d19c26992d3c.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I was blessed to see BB King live twice. Once was at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville with Linda and my special friends Becky and Marion.

The second time was with Linda at the Tennessee Theatre on January 8, 2010 and until recently I had forgotten I had this numbered print 198/1000 from the event.

For Christmas my sweet Linda had it professionally framed for my music room. Sure brings back a wonderful memory of spending an evening with BB King and Linda..!

Would love to see and hear of others memorabilia of concerts you attended...🙂

miketn

DC5B91DD-D552-4F48-BD31-BF71812ED8B3.thumb.jpeg.0d5d55e792aa41b91c57d19c26992d3c.jpeg

Great stuff, what a nice wife you have!

• Like 3

My friend Bruce and I felt lucky to se B.B. in Portland , Or in 1980. We were so stoked to have tickets. At first we were a little nervous (I know there was no reason to be)

because from our seats we could see that we were the only 2 white guys there for the tunes. I am certain we were not but I was looking. That was my initial memory from then. Of course when B.B and Lucille took the stage it was all love. Dancing and feeling the groove. I was youngish and dumb then. But a major feather in my concert cap. Love the King.

• Like 3

I always thought B.B.King put on a great show. Lucky enough to have seen him at least 3 times. First time was at the Jones Beach Theater on a triple bill with Robert Cray opening, followed by Etta James & finally B.B. I then saw him on another triple bill at the Oyster Bay Arboretium with Delbert McClinton as the opening act followed by the Neville Brothers and B.B. on the top of the bill. The last show I can recall off the top of my head was a blues review at the Paramount theater, the old Felt Forum for you old guys, with Junior Wells, Koko Taylor, Little Feat and B.B. A great showman with a top flight band, glad I saw him before his voice went south.

• 2 weeks later...

Great additions to any music room!  One great man right there.  Always a pleasure to listen to!  Caught him a couple times in Nashville @ Boots Randolph's place on printers alley a LONG time ago.  Met him and he asked where I was from and I told him.  Then he said he had a son who was a minister about 25 miles from me.  THEN he went into the story about all of his kids and wives.  Funny, he sounded just like a sailor.  One in every port.  hahaha  Man could he make Lucille sing though.  Unreal.