Cornwall ii tweeter replacement, horn and all

DTO

Good morning!

i recently purchased a rough pair of Cornwall iis. One happens to be missing the complete tweeter section. Is there an aftermarket replacement, without altering the motor board, available? Or is the best bet to troll eBay and the garage sale section here for an original? Does anyone have one laying around they want to sell me? 
I just finished rehabbing a pair of chorus iis and look forward to having a shootout between the sets. 
thanks as always!

David

2D96CA2E-4ADD-44BC-81B9-410F2933632C.jpeg

5 hours ago, geoff. said:

I’m surprised there isn’t a k-79 on eBay right now!

Having said that, have you tested all the other components?

Everything else is working great. Thing is I need the horn and all! I’m taking them apart and cleaning and sanding this weekend. See if any critters are living in there...

5 hours ago, geoff. said:

I’m surprised there isn’t a k-79 on eBay right now!

Having said that, have you tested all the other components?

excuse my ignorance but would below be the same size and I could just put in matching diaphragms?

“Klipsch K-75-K tweeter horn. Forte II Original Working Speaker. Condition is Used. Shipped with Fedex. 

K75 horn tweeter pulled from Forte II, but it is used in other models as well. 

Outside diameter is 5 7/8” x 3 1/2”. Depth is roughly 3”. 

Very good cosmetic condition. No issues. Works great. Sound and resistance tested. 

This will be properly packaged for safe shipment.

This is a vintage speaker and is being sold as-is. While I do guarantee that it will arrive in the condition described above, and will not be DOA, I cannot offer any further guarantees. 

Thanks for shopping and be sure to check out my other listings. I have more Forte II parts available.”

The K-75 is the same horn lens and magnet as the K-79 MINUS the ferrofluid. So the power handling is less. There are at least three different magnets that go on that lens. And there are at least three different diaphragms that fit that magnet structure, the black shiny one being the least ear friendly, phenolic, and titanium being the end goal.

Depending on the condition of the existing K-79 in your CW2’s it may be of little consequence as ferrofluid dries out over time anyway. There are little bottles of the stuff available if you wish to refresh it. Ferrofluid MAY also impart some other sonic qualities (damping) but if you carefully remove the diaphragm in your existing K-79 and clean out the gap in the magnet where the coil sits you would have apples to apples left and right.

I would wait for a K-79. You would no doubt just get back from the mailbox only to find one just listed.

If you are anxious to hear them (I would be) you could always borrow a K-79 from your Chorus 2’s in the meantime.

Either way, get a pair (or two) of the titanium tweeter diaphragms for down the road. They are pretty much not optional if you are keeping either pair.

3 hours ago, DTO said:

Everything else is working great. Thing is I need the horn and all! I’m taking them apart and cleaning and sanding this weekend. See if any critters are living in there...

I know that feeling. The 904's I just got in have piles of bird seed husks in the bottoms and Brown Recluse spider signs everywhere. Winter kills them though and a vacuum works wonders for debris piles.