Klipschorn crossover replacement

mluc

• Klipsch Employees

Yes...Same offer here.    

If you have or replace your drivers with KLIPSCH STOCK parts and have a network, I will do the work of repairing what you have for free. 

Ship the nets to me once I have the parts on hand for your unit. I will turn them in a day and ship back out the next day... Replacing parts will take about 30 min for each network. ( I am slower that I use to be)  You pay shipping here and back and pay for any parts used.  My guess is that parts will cost about $30 each, or less. 

The email to start this is  crossover_repair@gmail.com 

I have 6 or 7 guys in line. 

I have parts dept. working up a list of parts and MSRP for them.

I plan to do a video of how to repair a network so you can follow along and do it your self. 

I am playing with the idea of a repair kit that ships out with parts, how to and soldiering gun and solder.  not sure how that would go over...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Subtext: **** you Dean, Bob, and Al.

Seems to me Klipsch is a little late to the party. I suggested an Authorized Klipsch Repair Center over 10 years ago! And guess what, a single link in this thread to a guy no one has ever heard of, and a limited time offer to do free work - doesn’t do anything to erode the trust and reputations of those who have been here for people, doing this work for over 15 years.

3 hours ago, Deang said:

@tigerwoodKhorns new parts get measured, followed by a tear down. I check the film thickness against some better caps along with the lead terminations. Speaking of which, Erse claims the leads are soldered. They’re not. 

I just wanted to be in on the joke so I searched it out.  I like the picture.  Looks like some due diligence going on.

• Klipsch Employees

KLIPSCH IS NOT OFFERING THIS  TREY CANNON IS. 

KLIPSCH OFFERED THIS 15 YEARS AGO, WE HAD 10 NETWORKS A YEAR COME IN FOR REPAIR.

I AM OFFERING THIS NOW BECAUSE MY JOB ALLOWS ME TIME ENOUGH TO DO IT.

I AM OFFERING THIS FOR FREE BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HURT ME TO HELP MY FELLOW MAN.

I WILL NOT GET INTO A "HE IS DOING THIS OR THAT" OR "HIS WORK IS BETTER" OR ANY SUCH BS.

• Like 4

• Klipsch Employees
Well I JUST found something out....You guys have a DEALER doing Repair as well. He is buying parts from the vendor we get our networks from. SO he is using KLIPSCH parts. Will only work with stock drivers same as me....
I was doing this to help folks keep there KLIPSCH speaker like new. If you have a place to solve this that is authorized, you don't need me doing it.

Heritage Crossover Repairs
For crossovers that we may no longer have available, you may be able to get them repaired through one of our authorized Heritage Dealers:
JEM PERFORMANCE AUDIO (412) 401-6915 https://jemperformanceaudio.com/499 Limestone Dr Bethel Park, PA 15102 United States
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:

I was doing this to help folks keep there KLIPSCH speaker like new. If you have a place to solve this that is authorized, you don't need me doing it.

However, he's not doing the work for free......so I think you should still do the work if you want to help your fellow man.....

13 minutes ago, Trey Cannon said:
Well I JUST found something out....You guys have a DEALER doing Repair as well. He is buying parts from the vendor we get our networks from. SO he is using KLIPSCH parts. Will only work with stock drivers same as me....

No good deed goes unpunished! 

Generous offer Trey.  I commend you.