Klipschorn crossover replacement

mluc

1 hour ago, Trey Cannon said:

KLIPSCH IS NOT OFFERING THIS TREY CANNON IS. 

Since you work for Klipsch, we had no way of knowing that. To the casual observer, it looked as if you were offering this until the other folks got up and running. 

I was in Minneapolis last week and heard the newest Klipschorns. Man do they sound nice! Very smooth and detailed. I also heard the new La Scalas. They were very dynamic with really punchy bass. Heard the new Cornwalls also but liked the La Scalas a lot better.

When we got home the next day I turned on my 1984 Klipschorns. Well they’re not too bad. Especially when I look at the price of the new Klipschorns.

Has anyone put backs on their vintage Klipschorns and what do you think? Does it improve the bass?

once again thanks!

19 hours ago, mluc said:

I was in Minneapolis last week and heard the newest Klipschorns. Man do they sound nice! Very smooth and detailed.

Has anyone put backs on their vintage Klipschorns and what do you think? Does it improve the bass?

Cool that you heard the new Klipschorns. The backs are helpful if you do not have good square corners. 

I have one good corner and a wall for the other speaker. Possibly a “pony wall” for the other speaker could work. Something as basic as plywood for experimenting. That way I wouldn’t have the chance of messing up the frequency response of the original design. 

On 1/15/2020 at 11:27 AM, avguytx said:

From what I've read, even PWK used the false corners for his Khorns as he didn't have a good room for them.  In this day and age of new houses, most people don't it seems.

Totally true. He built the ones from the Dope from Hope and put them in his living room. I was there..........seen and heard for several hours of his own recordings, while doing a few shots of Glenfiddich Scotch with PWK. Great memory.

• Like 1