KPT-100's and 200's

Dave A

10 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Apparently there was a standard developed for theater surround speakers that limited the higher notes tweeters were capable of. You modify the crossover to bypass this.

I think the reason I read was that multiple speakers accentuated the highs so they cut back on them to flatten the overall room response.

Not my writing, but found this:

The X curve (ISO 2969) comes from the way the ear hears the reverberant sound field versus the way something like a time-averaging real-time analyzer hears it. If you set up a large room to have a flat frequency response on an RTA, it will sound too bright as the ears add in the direct sound from the speakers to the reflected sound in the high frequencies, while at lower frequencies they average more like an RTA. The X curve is applied to the playback system, and not the recording, in an attempt to correct for the apparent response of the space.

51 minutes ago, teaman said:

I own four of the KPT-200 speakers and they are amazing. By far the best wall mount surround speakers I have had the pleasure of listening to. Interested to see your pricing and if you are willing to ship.

Tim

What if any work did you do to yours?