Wanting a pair of La Scala’s

nickyboy6100

7 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

Looks like I’m driving the truck.

If you have a truck it will just make it easier to be tempted to take more home from Dave's.  🙄

I've put regular LS in my 2007 Subaru Forester and old Blazer.

Bruce

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

If you have a truck it will just make it easier to be tempted to take more home from Dave's.  🙄

I've put regular LS in my 2007 Subaru Forester and old Blazer.

Bruce

Well I don't know about all that. Normally I also bring a trailer pulled by my full sized van so I never have to regret leaving nice things behind and consider it prudent planning. Honestly I never do to others what I have not done to myself first.

All kidding aside here for a moment. It is fun to watch people get excited and take new treasures home. Sometimes I get done and when you add up time and material do nothing more than make sure something good has been preserved and going to a happy place for I hope many years to come. Profit is nice but sometimes seeing dreams fulfilled is too.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

La Scalas fit in my wife’s Ford Edge with room to spare.  A couple of record albums could have been squeezed in easily.

57B73D7A-C3BF-41EB-9232-37C437677935.jpeg.fd9a1b912030662ae008d0c5c67bcc01.jpegF8CD59FE-0CD4-4387-9533-CE321F272355.thumb.jpeg.d9d7e6893a9fae6840fdcca9322ae6f1.jpeg

Those fit easy.

I didn't bring luggage on the trip. No room after putting the LS in.  I measured and remeasured fifty hundred times before I took the Versa. The H/K630 had to ride in the passenger front seat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, windashine said:

Now it’s got me wondering where I should put them. My garage is 20x16 and I’ve been listening more and more in there. I wonder if the extra space would give them more room to breathe? Both pics would be from my listening position. I would move the toolbox on the left and the white cabinet on the right. Acoustics are pretty good in there. It’s spray foam insulated. I guess that helps. 

697BBC18-2155-4CB3-8A2F-7A1962CA5301.jpeg

30E89A6A-7F81-4037-9EAE-F43FCF0E0664.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

No, just finished some fresh tamales with your hot sauce.....wow.

I aim to please however you have to provide your own ice water bidet. I remember times where I wondered if it was worth trying to finish the El Diablo meal in front of me.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, nickyboy6100 said:

Did you miss a lot of low end with your LS compared to the C2? If you could only keep one set, which would it be?

I sold my La Scala's after I modified the ports & internally braced my Chorus 1's (thread is on here) I listened to both & in the end preferred the "impact" (in my chest wall) of my Chorus 1's at higher volumes... A year later, still no regrets! 😎

I say it's a lateral move at best (but try em & see)

Edited by 4JaxJags

1 hour ago, 4JaxJags said:

I sold my La Scala's after I modified the ports & internally braced my Chorus 1's (thread is on here) I listened to both & in the end preferred the "impact" (in my chest wall) of my Chorus 1's at higher volumes... A year later, still no regrets! 😎

I say it's a lateral move at best (but try em & see)

The Chorus 2 also has great chest impact. I’m going to go listen to the La Scala’s tomorrow. I hope I like the sound because it’s a 4 hour drive. Also, Dave seems like a cool guy so I’m interested in talking with him as well. 

• Like 1

All you are just not right. You scared the OP enough so he brought a vehicle to small to carry 904's home in. What he really wanted to take were the Super MWM's but they were not for sale. He did settle for that yummy set of LSI's though and off they go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave A said:

All you are just not right. You scared the OP enough so he brought a vehicle to small to carry 904's home in. What he really wanted to take were the Super MWM's but they were not for sale. He did settle for that yummy set of LSI's though and off they go.

I hate being a good influence. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

I am sure he will enjoy the LSI's

• Like 1