Wanting a pair of La Scala’s

nickyboy6100

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

All you are just not right. You scared the OP enough so he brought a vehicle to small to carry 904's home in. What he really wanted to take were the Super MWM's but they were not for sale. He did settle for that yummy set of LSI's though and off they go.

Splits or one piece?

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Nothing like a good road trip to sort it out with Klipsch. . congrats!

Man, ain’t that the truth! I’ve been off work since Dec. 19th and today was by far the highlight of my vacation. That’s not even taking in account the short time I’ve listened to the La Scala’s since I got them hooked up about an hour ago. Dave is a top notch guy. Had a good time with him. I could have stayed all night listening to Klipsch if I didn’t have a 4 hour drive to get back home. Thanks to everyone for all the good advice and especially to Dave for welcoming me into his home. Like I said I’ve only got to listen for about 30 minutes so I’ll give you an update on what I think about them. It’s getting late and I’m tired. So far A++. 

• Like 1

Yes Dave is a super guy and member. Met him Abit back

And it was hot weather in

Tallahassee.Enjoyed talking

with him and recalling his advice

about the LSI was the way to go

for me. Glad you had the chance to here his Supers.

Tell me about the bass on your

LSI's... cool

12 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes Dave is a super guy and member. Met him Abit back

And it was hot weather in

Tallahassee.Enjoyed talking

with him and recalling his advice

about the LSI was the way to go

for me. Glad you had the chance to here his Supers.

Tell me about the bass on your

LSI's... cool

I like the bass. Not as deep as I’m used to, but not as lacking as I was expecting. Limited listening, but for now, I’m not getting a sub. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

Man, ain’t that the truth! I’ve been off work since Dec. 19th and today was by far the highlight of my vacation. That’s not even taking in account the short time I’ve listened to the La Scala’s since I got them hooked up about an hour ago. Dave is a top notch guy. Had a good time with him. I could have stayed all night listening to Klipsch if I didn’t have a 4 hour drive to get back home. Thanks to everyone for all the good advice and especially to Dave for welcoming me into his home. Like I said I’ve only got to listen for about 30 minutes so I’ll give you an update on what I think about them. It’s getting late and I’m tired. So far A++. 

what were the first two or three songs you listened to?

18 hours ago, Randyh said:

WOW --------you put 2 Lascala cabs in this VERSA note --ok --- by coincidence , I need to move 2 LS cabs -, and we have a VERSA -in the office for small deliveries -------the question is ---------can I do it without scratching the cabs ---

the cabs are   3 feet x 2 feet x 2 feet 1 inch   -so you need 3 feet across x4 feet  long  or 3 feet x 5 feet long --------------now getting the 1st cab  in , is easy you slide it in , and turn it sideways ------- but the 2nd cab has to fit between the wheel wells - so my guess is that the 2nd speaker go in on the longitude -but does the hatch close ?  or  do you drive with the hatch open  ?  

image.png.361c5acc41a373ddd0191d227e1a9a25.png

Mine just fit between the wheel wells, with enough room to stuff a moving blanket between the well/s and cabs. They are close at the hatch, too. I have long legs and needed to move the seat forward an inch or so [from the full rear position] to close the hatch and have some room for padding. They have to slide straight in. I made a "table" level with the rear deck ...

MDF cabs will NOT fit. That 37.5 inch between the wheel wells will pinch MDF models.

• Like 2